PDA

View Full Version : ROLL CALL AND SCHEDULE 3rd DDCN Dive Beaver Lake, April 17 & 18

417Diver
04-03-2010, 21:19
What?
3rd Annual DDCN Dive.
Where?Beaver Lake
When?
April 17 & 18

Roll Call You and anyone coming with you for sure.
Name/Screen Name/Boat or Shore or Both/Friday or Saturday or both

Steven / 417Diver / Boat / Saturday
neogeo / Geoff / both / Friday Saturday and Sunday
Brian/Vlane/probably both/Friday night (possibly) and Saturday
Chris/plot/both/both
Terry Heese/WKNDBUM/Both/Boat Sat - Shore Sun am

I think this for a schedule but just my opinion and think it would work the best.

Friday
Arrive whenever and do whatever for those going friday. You guys(those coming friday) should make the schedule for that day..

Saturday
Arrive at 9:00AM at Lost Bridge Marina
12861 Marina Road
Garfield, AR 72732
(479) 359-3222
lostbridgemarina.com (http://maps.google.com/local_url?q=http://www.lostbridgemarina.com/&dq=lost+bridge+marina&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&hq=lost+bridge+marina&hnear=Arkansas&cid=0,0,11879019289244005829&ei=xwO4S_ThK4G-MpjQlPwC&ved=0CAoQnwIwAA&oi=miw&sa=X&ct=miw_link&cd=1&cad=homepage,cid:11879019289244005829&s=ANYYN7n5kIQviFPMthKKU8h4IyuBF2XemQ)

Depart to the bluffs at 10:00AM
Allowed Drive time 20 mins
Arrive at Bluffs 10:20AM
Allowed time to get divers in water 25 mins (this was enough to get 18 divers in the water when I was on the boat last time)
In water at 10:45AM
Dive time 60 mins
Back to boat at 11:45AM
25 mins to get divers out of water and in boat.(depending on how many we have might be longer or shorter)
Lunch by bluffs or in boat 12:10PMish
60 min lunch
30 min at least settle time so no one is cramping up maybe longer?
Back on boat 1:45PM-2PMish
Drive time to Chopper/Planes/Jetskis/Boats/Motorcycle/etc. 20mins (probably more like 10 mins but..)
Arrive to site 2:20PM
Allowed time to get divers in water 25 mins
In water 2:45PM
60 min dive time
Back to boat 3:45PM
25 mins load up time
4:10PM depart site heading to school bus and foundation
5 min drive time
4:15PM arrive
Allowed time to get divers in water 15 mins (we should all still be suited up and shouldnt take as long
In water 4:30PM
Dive time 30 mins (not much to see for more than that
Back to boat at 5:00PM
Load up time 25 mins
Depart 5:25PM
35 min drive time to get back to marina.
Should be plenty of minutes play room on load, unload times and drive times..

Again I think this would work best and gives us plenty of time for everything.
I know some of the doubles divers might not like the down time but alot of people wont be doubling and probably dont want to sit in the boat and wait forever. And even 60mins might be alot of extra time on the last to dive sites and all might be in the boat sooner than planned but this way we have plenty of time for any issues. The temps will keep alot of people from pulling a 60 min dive aswell :)..
Not hating the doublers just trying to set a schedule to make it equal for all.

neogeo
04-03-2010, 21:31
neogeo / Geoff / both / Friday Saturday and Sunday

Vlane
04-03-2010, 21:34
Brian/Vlane/probably both/Friday night (possibly) and Saturday

neogeo
04-03-2010, 21:40
I really only wanna dive a few deep sites off the boat... probably just the foundation

417Diver
04-03-2010, 21:48
And I dont see why those who are already at the bluff or closer to the bluff just do the shore dive there and those driving in for just saturday boat dive meet at the marina. That way it gives those on doubles and those who want to get in the water sooner they can while the boat is on the way. The boat will be just to the left of the parking lot anyways and we will be diving right up by the shore entrance.

Whoever is driving the boat obviously needs to be at the dock and we need to know if they are going to drive the boat the entire time.
And who that person was I forgot!

417Diver
04-03-2010, 21:50
I really only wanna dive a few deep sites off the boat... probably just the foundation

The foundation by the bus is only like 15 feet deep sometimes alot less :smiley36:
This site is probably much closer than the other foundation and allows us enough time to do 3 sites. If we go much further we will be cutting it close. Unless our time departing the planes is much sooner than planned.

And which foundation where you talking about anyways?

neogeo
04-03-2010, 21:59
Plot said that the foundations have a drop off that you swim about 100' out from them and you can drop down to this wall that goes down to 200' or more its like giant bluffs but as you go down you gotta be carefull becuase you run into giant tree's

417Diver
04-03-2010, 22:04
Ya just reread and 50' away there is a drop off but depending on time since this will be our last stop we might not have time to do the drop off. But more than likley we will with the schedule planned.
Site B is where the bluffs are where we will be Site C is where the Bus and foundation is and just south east of C is copter cove.
http://www.lostbridgemarina.com/maps/divemap3.gif

417Diver
04-03-2010, 22:16
Marina Rd to Unknown road - Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=36.412511,-93.895082&daddr=Unknown+road&geocode=%3BFZbdKwIdsNhn-g&hl=en&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=14&sll=36.422871,-93.871479&sspn=0.039712,0.104284&ie=UTF8&ll=36.424114,-93.866158&spn=0.039711,0.104284&z=14)

Point B is where those just meeting at the bluffs should meet and lunch spot (for those who do not know already).

plot
04-03-2010, 22:41
i say we dive the bluffs last, as time permits. at the end of the day, it's a shore dive... so if we don't get to it and someone really wanted to see something there, they can night dive it or dive it friday or dive it sunday...

in other words, better dive plan would be foundations first, copter cove second, bluffs third. foundations provide.. well foundations, a schoolbus (what people really go to see) in about 40' of water, and the wall dive which is a deep dive. copter cove contains a whole slew of stuff from 30-60 feet, most of it in the 30-40 foot range. bluffs have a newly sunk houseboat at about 50', some statues and stuff along the bluffs at 40' or so, only real deep dive there is a dingy at 100' and a cement aligator at 130'. after tooling around in the shallows at copter cove though, that'll be no problem for most.

i'll drive the boat. i'll be there friday, staying at c&j's, will meet up with you guys then and finalize the boat plans. i plan on diving too.

anyone bringing o2 just in case?

chris/plot/both/both

Vlane
04-03-2010, 22:54
I'm with plot on diving the bluffs last. The bluffs can be accessed at anytime without a boat so diving it should be a low priority.

Also, is anyone that has committed to diving off the boat bringing others with them?

neogeo
04-03-2010, 22:59
I should have an al 80 full of 50-70%

417Diver
04-04-2010, 07:16
I say bluffs 1st because when are you going to do lunch? If you go to the bus 1st and spend the hour there then an hour at the copter cove you will be after 1:00 then back to the bluffs and might as well run the boat back while we are there since you dont need the boat there. We should just rent the boat for 4 hours since we wont be using all the time this way. Plus after the 60 min dive time this gives us all a nice Suface Interval for the next 2 dives. If we do the bus 1st for 60 mins we have only a 5 min drive to copter cove which is not really helping out on the saftey issue..

I dont consider the bluffs low priority for those who have never dove them and others and myself that will not be there friday and sunday..
And I believe we should get the full use out of the boat if we can.
Also if we dont meet at the bluffs 1st and those that are meeting at the bluffs rather than the dock this is the best way to load those on aswell. Rather than swinging by the bluffs and all of those in the boat just waiting on people to load up.

I will have 100% 02 available.

Bigg_Budd
04-04-2010, 07:30
i have a grill on my boat. we could do lunch on the water...

Wkndbum
04-04-2010, 07:37

brojack17
04-04-2010, 09:59
I'm afraid I'm going to be tentative. My daughter is singing at a Jazz festival in Denton, TX the next weekend. That's going to blow my budget for the month. If I do go, it will be for Saturday only.

Sorry.

plot
04-04-2010, 20:50
full use of the boat would be using it to do boat dives... not shore dives.

the cove, the bluffs, and the foundations are all a 10-15 minute boatride from each other. we could do the first dive anywhere and still swing over to the bluffs for lunch or go back to the marina for air and lunch.

also, imo, the bluffs are the crappiest dive of the 3 by far.

maverick
04-04-2010, 22:28
What about lunch at Starkeys Island. And It's not bad diving there.

417Diver
04-05-2010, 07:32
Starkeys is a a bit of a drive unless we are doing lunch on the boat..

Plot someone whos has dove the bluffs more than once thinks its crappy.. And also what about a longer SI? Im sure some of us are going to be needing 1:15 SI to all of the dives. What about lunch decision? Im assuming everyone that is coming down friday will be doing the bluffs is why they dont want to do it saturday. But how many of those not staying are wanting to hit the bluffs.. I would feel the same way if I was coming Friday and dove the bluffs all day. :smilie40:

Anyways if you dont like the schedule post up another one and then lets hurry and make a decision already.

417Diver
04-05-2010, 07:41
I don't recommend we head over to site D though because we'd burn alot of time driving and copter cove/foundations are generally all around better dives.

And dont recommend Site D.. :smiley2:

417Diver
04-05-2010, 08:31
This is an option if anyone has ever heard of it. Barge At indian creek Site A..
http://www.ozarkscubacenter.com/images/BLake%202.jpg

plot
04-05-2010, 10:32
start at '1' (the marina) boat drive to 'C' (the foundations)

after diving, go back to '3' (the campground where we originally where going to pick some people up) for lunch - people can leave vehicles down there, there's a dock for the boat, if anyone needs air at that point someone can drive them up to c&j's which is like a mile away.

after eating go to copter cove (not labeled on map, but it's past '3' - the foundations)

after copter cove drive to 'B' - the bluffs.

if we coordinate correctly to have vehicles at '3' - the campground, the bluffs, and the marina, if we're running short on time we can leave some divers at the bluffs and head back to the marina, loop back around to pick everyone up via cars. again, this is where the serious coordination efforts would come into play... someone needs to leave at least one vehicle at the campsite, and possibly multiple vehicles at the bluffs.

just my 2cents. i think we'll have time. people diving doubles arn't going to spend their tanks at one site, they're going to divide up between 2 or all 3... i know I will.

ill put some exact times on stuff later.

bottomdweller
04-05-2010, 12:16
Frank, bottomdweller, boat & shore diving Fri, Sat, & maybe Sun.
I am bringing my wife & brother-in-law, they will be doing boat & shore also. I like plot's idea as far as plans go. If we don't have enough people that we have to shuttle people back & forth to the bluffs we could just bring food & drinks on the boat & cook on Big Buds grill, we would never have to get off the boat.

Vlane
04-05-2010, 13:20
I need to be back to the marina around 3, is this going to possible?

417Diver
04-05-2010, 18:51
Doubtful. But they guy with the other boat might swing you back over there in his faster boat in between dives(forgot what boat he had but its not a slow monster pontoon)

417Diver
04-05-2010, 19:11
Depart to the Foundations at 10:00AM
Arrive at Foundations 10:20AM
Allowed time to get divers in water 25 mins (this was enough to get 18 divers in the water when I was on the boat last time)
Dive time 60 mins
25 mins to get divers out of water and in boat.(depending on how many we have might be longer or shorter)
Drive to site (3) 10mins
Lunch by site (3) 12:20PMish
60 min lunch
Back on boat 1:30PM
Drive time to Chopper/Planes/Jetskis/Boats/Motorcycle/etc. 10mins (probably more like 10 mins but..)
Arrive to site 1:40PM
In water 2:05PM
60 min dive time
Back to boat 3:05PM
25 mins load up time
3:30PM depart to Indian Creek bluffs (Barge)
25 min drive time
3:45PM arrive
Allowed time to get divers in water 15 mins (we should all still be suited up and shouldnt take as long)
In water 4:00PM
Dive time 60 mins
Load up time 25 mins
35 min drive time available to get back to marina.

With this schedule everyone that is wanting to dive the foundations must be at the marina rather than the marina and the bluffs. Because there wont be time to stop and pick people up at the bluffs then head to the foundations.
I just want to dive everything since and am not staying all weekend like others.
I think if we do this schedule we should hit the BARGE at indian creek instead of the bluffs by the dam. Since most will already have dove the bluffs friday or will be sunday. I would really like to see this.

Im confused on the reasoning for the multiple cars at all the different sites.? As far as the schedule looks I doubt we have time to do different groups on the boat if we are full. Which it looks like we will be plenty short from the 24 slots..

417Diver
04-05-2010, 19:19

Tyler/ none / Boat / Saturday
neogeo / Geoff / Both / Friday Saturday and Sunday
Brian/Vlane/probably Both/Friday night (possibly) and Saturday
Chris/plot/Both/Both
Frank / bottomdweller / Both / Fri, Sat, & maybe Sun
Franks wife / unknown / Both / Fri, Sat, & maybe Sun
Bill / slacker / Both / Fri, Sat, & maybe Sun
David Miller/ Millertime/ Both / Maybe Friday,Saturday For sure
Jason / Bigg_Budd / Boat (my own) / Saturday
unknown / Dark Wolf /unknown / unknown
Shala Perez/ Shala / Both /Friday-Sun

417Diver
04-05-2010, 19:34
PM'd 5 others from the other threads that were a probable on coming. :smiley20:

Bigg_Budd
04-05-2010, 19:38

No problem. I will probably leave at that time. Can scoot you back on my boat.

Bigg_Budd
04-05-2010, 19:44
417 - Please add me to the roster.

millertime
04-05-2010, 20:02
David Miller/Millertime/both/Maybe Friday/Saturday For shure, Please add me to the list.

plot
04-05-2010, 21:18
site '3' is nothing more than a campsite/dock/staging area... no diving around there that i know of, which is where i suggest we take lunch (since it's close to c&j's) instead of at the bluffs, but we could hop on over the bluffs just as easy.

I'm definitly not opposed to diving the barge at indian creek, but someone needs to tell me where it's at so we can figure out the logistics! also, the 30min 'rest' time after lunch can be spent riding the boat to wherever to save some time.

417Diver
04-05-2010, 22:00
I am waiting on coordinates for the barge which we will have this week. It would be great to just eat on the boat but we will all be anxious after finishing eating to just jump right in which we will all regret if we do so. So I say for sure we should stop and eat lunch somewere so ya site (3) (I thought you meant the bluffs..) would work great since there is a nice area there. But on car coordination that is up to whoever and if they even want to park over there with stuff in there car.. Myself I will pack something light in something small and just keep it in my bag so I dont have to play musical cars.

417Diver
04-05-2010, 22:09
All boat divers Arrive at Lost Bridge Marina 9:00AM April 17th only other pickup area will be at site (3) after the foundation/school bus at lunch time!
Depart to the Foundations at 10:00AM
Arrive at Foundations 10:20AM
Dive time 60 mins
Drive to site (3) 10mins
Lunch by site (3) 12:20PMish
60 min lunch
Back on boat 1:30PM
Drive time to Chopper/Planes/Jetskis/Boats/Motorcycle/etc. 10mins (probably more like 10 mins but..)
Arrive to site 1:40PM
In water 2:05PM
60 min dive time
Back to boat 3:05PM
25 mins load up time
3:30PM depart to Indian Creek bluffs (Barge)
25 min drive time
3:45PM arrive
Allowed time to get divers in water 15 mins (we should all still be suited up and shouldnt take as long)
In water 4:00PM
Dive time 60 mins
Load up time 25 mins
35 min drive time available to get back to marina.

Latest Schedule thoughts?

And thoughts on splitting time with the dam site bluffs and the barge? Maybe get 2 short dives in at the end possibly?

maverick
04-05-2010, 22:32
There is an island that U can tie up 2 and take a lunch.

neogeo
04-05-2010, 23:24
Are we suppose to bring 5 sets of tank? Lol I suggest we have someone park at the at the marina or at a dock close to C&J for those who need fills and I would recomend C&J for the nitrox and 02... Just my 2 cents

Shala
04-06-2010, 07:36
I have a room at C & J's for Fri & Sat. I have never been to Beaver, so If I don't get lost getting there, I should be in late afternoon on Friday. I don't care where or when we dive. I will pitch in on the boat $ as well. I don't care what we do for lunch. I was planning on diving dry-so a bathroom break at some point would be nice:smiley9:. Other than that...I am good with whatever. Not sure what the dive depths are-Should I bring air or nitrox?

Shala Perez/Shala/Both/Friday-Sun/

417Diver
04-06-2010, 08:12
Are we suppose to bring 5 sets of tank? Lol I suggest we have someone park at the at the marina or at a dock close to C&J for those who need fills and I would recomend C&J for the nitrox and 02... Just my 2 cents
Well I'm bringing 3 tanks. But im not using doubles so I dont know what to tell you guys except if we are short 4 people on the boat that there still will be plenty of room for extra tanks.. Its really not a small boat. and there is plenty of room under the seats and around the boat. If you want to have your car parked at site 3 then you can swap tanks there since we will more than likley be stopping there for lunch and restroom breaks.

brojack17
04-06-2010, 10:13
I'm afraid I'm officially out. Sorry. Bad month.

medicdiver
04-06-2010, 10:27
I can't make it. I hope you all have fun.

417Diver
04-06-2010, 11:50
There is an island that U can tie up 2 and take a lunch.
Maverick you coming or not?

neogeo
04-06-2010, 14:44
Im just saying some people dont have 3 tanks... So air fills will be a must especial for the allowed dive times. I think a restroom break would be nice but i have a p-valve on my drysuit ;)

plot
04-06-2010, 15:50
i pee off the back of the boat. you can always bring a swimming suit and jump in shala.

you should have proper facilities at lunch and can make it to shore at copter cove if you're good with tree's or something. We'll keep neo from looking.

Bigg_Budd
04-06-2010, 16:02
there are plenty of facilities around the north side of the lake. lost bridge, dam site and starkey point are all right there...

417Diver
04-06-2010, 19:17
If you are diving air I will bring 3 extra tanks that I wont use if someone needs to use them. Just say they word and im sure others can do the same rather than have to drive to an air station and have a car available to do so. Also its probably cheaper to rent an extra tank from aquasports or where ever than drive your car over to the campsite and then drive to get air and back.

neogeo
04-06-2010, 19:45
I only have a set of doubles and my regs are set up to them.... I have no wet suit just a drysuit. my doubles full will have 200cu ft. and an al80 stage bottle so i will most likely be good on air. Not sure if i will do any shallow dives though guess time will tell

Bigg_Budd
04-06-2010, 20:13
fyi - lost bridge marina does air fills. so, worst case...

not sure if they rent tanks...

neogeo
04-06-2010, 20:17
i seriously doubt they tent doubles haha

Bigg_Budd
04-06-2010, 20:20
prolly not, but they'll fill them...

plot
04-06-2010, 20:54
i'm not even sure the marina will fill DIN, so someone needs to bring an adaptor. (not a knock against those guys at the marina, but they are new owners, took over last year, and know pretty much nothing about scuba related stuff)

417, a few of us are staying at c&j's which is like 2 miles, if that, from the campsite (point '3'), so it really wouldn't be a big deal to drop a vehicle off there on the way to lost bridge marina in the morning, then run up to c&j's for air fills.

or as bud said, we could always go back to the marina and do lunch there, while getting air fills.

417Diver
04-06-2010, 20:56
Well those who will be needing air filled and do not have enough tanks and need X amount of tanks filled post on here so we know if we need to have plot drop a car off. :smiley20:

plot
04-06-2010, 20:58
i was gonna make neo drop his off. :D

417Diver
04-06-2010, 21:00
lol look at you plotting something :smiley36:

plot
04-06-2010, 21:05
he's more concerned about having air than me, and i can take him to the marina easier than he can take me. :)

417Diver
04-06-2010, 21:08
I thought he said he was good on air with the 2 doubles and the pony :smiley29:

I will bring 6 tanks :smiley36:

plot
04-06-2010, 21:25
ill bring a singles wing just in case I need it. :D

Vlane
04-07-2010, 11:18
What is the plan for lunch? Are we doing a cookout kind of thing or we just packing a lunch?

Bigg_Budd
04-07-2010, 14:37
What is the plan for lunch? Are we doing a cookout kind of thing or we just packing a lunch?

like i said, i'm happy to light up the grill if we choose to go that route. if so, it's probably best to stick with less 'complex" meals - burgers, dogs, brats, etc. i've done fajitas before, and that crap (while delicious) is too complicated to manage on a boat...

417Diver
04-07-2010, 16:31
Either way I would say your grill will be put to use either doing lunch at the campsite (3) or on the water because im sure someone might forget a lunch.. I could eat a burger or hot dog :smilie40:. If everyone would rather do the BBQ chime in so we know how much is needed. I can bring hot dogs and buns to feed 30 and I have alot of plastic cups that I need to get rid of if someone wants to bring some 2 liters..

417Diver
04-08-2010, 08:06
Best directions for the barge so far is it is at campsite 9 at indian creek campground. you go off that campsite and there should be a big tree there and you go 105 degrees off that and at around 55 feet it sits.

Still waiting for a little more direction or coordinates..

Bigg_Budd
04-08-2010, 17:28
i'm looking forward to the diving, amigos.

Wkndbum
04-08-2010, 18:14

like i said, i'm happy to light up the grill if we choose to go that route. if so, it's probably best to stick with less 'complex" meals - burgers, dogs, brats, etc. i've done fajitas before, and that crap (while delicious) is too complicated to manage on a boat...

Grilled dogs sounds like a great idea, easy & not a big mess to clean up.

I'll bring some heavy duty paper plates, paper towels & spicy mustard.

millertime
04-08-2010, 18:25
Please add Bill Stimson to the list. Bill Stimson/BillS/Both/Saturday. What amount are expected to pay for the boat?:smiley20:

417Diver
04-08-2010, 20:40

Tyler/ none / Boat / Saturday
neogeo / Geoff / Both / Friday Saturday and Sunday
Brian/Vlane/probably Both/Friday night (possibly) and Saturday
Chris/plot/Both/Both
Frank / bottomdweller / Both / Fri, Sat, & maybe Sun
Franks wife / unknown / Both / Fri, Sat, & maybe Sun
Bill / slacker / Both / Fri, Sat, & maybe Sun
David Miller/ Millertime/ Both / Maybe Friday,Saturday For sure
unknown / Dark Wolf /unknown / unknown
Shala Perez/ Shala / Both /Friday-Sun
Bill Stimson/BillS/Both/Saturday

As of this list we are at $21 a person plus the up to $50 gas bill.

417Diver
04-08-2010, 20:41
I think I have one more aswell.

Bigg_Budd
04-08-2010, 20:53
i will supply everything we need to grill, and i can bring chips. sounds like someone has dogs, plates and mustard covered. anyone else wanna chip in?

word up.

417Diver
04-09-2010, 06:46
Me cups,dogs,buns
Wkndbum plates and mustard
budd grill and chips

Need drinks and anything else anyone can think of.

bottomdweller
04-09-2010, 07:59
I can bring drinks & anything else we may need?
As for the boat, it cost about $315.00 to rent for the day.
We can split that between the number of people going on the boat.
14 people = $22.50 each, 15 = $21.00 16 = about $20.00.
You get the idea, and if someone can't afford the roughly $20.00 I will take whatever I can get!:smiley20:

Shala
04-09-2010, 13:02
Im fine with tree for pee. (only bringing a dry suit):smilie39: Im also at C & J's. I will bring pop aka soda for all. I am bringing 2 tanks of air. I'm good with $20 for boat + gas $. Did I miss anything?

417Diver
04-09-2010, 19:20
The house that is now the "foundations"

Never saw this picture before..
http://www.candjsports.com/gallery/diving_1220.jpg

417Diver
04-09-2010, 19:23
Im fine with tree for pee.

Im getting that T-Shirt made :smiley36:

Shala
04-10-2010, 07:31
BTW, I am driving from Wichita KS if anyone wants to bum a ride down.

Dark Wolf
04-13-2010, 17:35
Once again, my plans have required a change. I will not be able to make it down. I hope to get another one going for sometime this summer. :(

DW

417Diver
04-13-2010, 19:34
[quote=417Diver;379483]Roll Call You and anyone coming with you for sure.

1.Steven / 417Diver / Boat / Saturday
2.Tyler/ none / Boat / Saturday
3.neogeo / Geoff / Both / Friday Saturday and Sunday
4.Brian/Vlane/probably Both/Friday night (possibly) and Saturday
5.Chris/plot/Both/Both
6.Terry Heese/WKNDBUM/Both/Boat Sat - Shore Sun am
7.Frank / bottomdweller / Both / Fri, Sat, & maybe Sun
8.Franks wife / unknown / Both / Fri, Sat, & maybe Sun
9.Bill / slacker / Both / Fri, Sat, & maybe Sun
10.David Miller/ Millertime/ Both / Maybe Friday,Saturday For sure
11.Jason / Bigg_Budd / Boat (my own) / Saturday
12.Shala Perez/ Shala / Both /Friday-Sun
13.Bill Stimson/BillS/Both/Saturday
14.Clayton/ none /Boat / Saturday

Lost one gained one..

$22.50 per person.
Bring correct change the more pennies the merrier Frank said :smiley36:

neogeo
04-13-2010, 20:42
Due to my work screwing me out of my vacation time I cant make it either!

plot
04-13-2010, 20:59

what?

neogeo
04-13-2010, 21:09

what?

They said I cannot take the weekend off im so pissed

Bigg_Budd
04-14-2010, 06:38
neogeo - tell your boss that he/she is a buzzkill. also, i think it may actually be against the law deny vacation time. if it's not against the law, then they are still an a-hole.

i've been checking daily, and it looks like rain and cooler temps are in the forecast for this weekend. saturday has a 30% chance of scattered t-storms and a high in the low 60s. bring your rain coat for those surface intervals.

of course, this is northwest arkansas, so the weather could change on a dime.

417Diver
04-14-2010, 07:06
And the no one can predict the weather more than 2 days ahead..:smiley36:

Im still on my 3 week antibiotic course and steroids for my wonderfull CT scan results. Was feeling great with no issues and my ears actually were popping. Now last night I scored another sinus infection and I am using the sinus rinse like its cocain :smiley36:

Lots of yellow is coming out so at least its flushing out...
Also ordered some docs pro plugs to see if it helps.

417Diver
04-14-2010, 07:07
[quote=417Diver;379483]Roll Call You and anyone coming with you for sure.

1.Steven / 417Diver / Boat / Saturday
2.Tyler/ none / Boat / Saturday
4.Brian/Vlane/probably Both/Friday night (possibly) and Saturday
5.Chris/plot/Both/Both
6.Terry Heese/WKNDBUM/Both/Boat Sat - Shore Sun am
7.Frank / bottomdweller / Both / Fri, Sat, & maybe Sun
8.Franks wife / unknown / Both / Fri, Sat, & maybe Sun
9.Bill / slacker / Both / Fri, Sat, & maybe Sun
10.David Miller/ Millertime/ Both / Maybe Friday,Saturday For sure
11.Jason / Bigg_Budd / Boat (my own) / Saturday
12.Shala Perez/ Shala / Both /Friday-Sun
13.Bill Stimson/BillS/Both/Saturday
14.Clayton/ none /Boat / Saturday

Lost one gained one..

$22.50 per person.
Bring correct change the more pennies the merrier Frank said :smiley36:

417Diver
04-14-2010, 07:08
Call some friends!

Shala
04-14-2010, 12:33
That is too bad for the people who cant make it. I will also watch the weather. If it is going to T-storm all weekend, not sure that would be worth a 5 1/2 hour drive.

417Diver
04-14-2010, 12:36
That is too bad for the people who cant make it. I will also watch the weather. If it is going to T-storm all weekend, not sure that would be worth a 5 1/2 hour drive.
Ya I totally agree on the T storms but the chance of it actually happening.. well about the same as us spotting a chicken underwater.

bottomdweller
04-14-2010, 15:27
It seems the weatherman is changing the forcast every few hours.
No worries, I'm not scared of a little rain.
I think we will be fine.

plot
04-14-2010, 15:35
i'll have to post a thread on scubaboard to confirm, but i'm pretty sure my gear is waterproof.

bottomdweller
04-14-2010, 15:48
I'll check out that thread on SB to see what type of response you get!!!

417Diver
04-14-2010, 15:51
Rain is ok but the lightening bolts are no fun isnt that right Frank:smiley36:

bottomdweller
04-14-2010, 17:39
Rain is ok but the lightening bolts are no fun isnt that right Frank:smiley36:

Well if you're not quite sure the lightening bolts are happening while you are under it's not that big of a deal. Besides I won't be holding onto a 200 ft steel cable that's sticking up out of the water this time.

417Diver
04-14-2010, 18:13
:smiley36:

417Diver
04-15-2010, 15:13
Now were at very early saturday morning maybe some showers but clearing in the later morning. Should be perfect come 9:00AM :smiley20: And they will be changing it again tommarow so it might not even rain saturday morning. :smiley36:

bottomdweller
04-15-2010, 15:20
Keeping fingers crossed!!!! 45 mins left at work then I am going home to pack for tomorrow.

bottomdweller
04-16-2010, 10:52
Well we are walking out the door & should be at candj's by 2:00pm.
Look me up when you arrive, just ask for Frank Thompson staying at candjs.

Beach Bum
04-16-2010, 15:16
Me and bottomdweller are at c and js. Ready to rock!!!!

neogeo
04-16-2010, 15:17
wish i coulda been there!

417Diver
04-16-2010, 17:50
Me Tyler and Clayton just picked up the tanks so we will be heading out at 7ish tommarow morning. See you around 9!

Bigg_Budd
04-16-2010, 18:12
i will meet you guys at lost bridge ~9:15

Flatliner
04-16-2010, 18:18
Ya I totally agree on the T storms but the chance of it actually happening.. well about the same as us spotting a chicken underwater.

I seem to recall a rubber chicken on the sailboat at about 80ft but I may be remembering incorrectly.

maverick
04-16-2010, 23:24
Had 2 work. Couldn't make it.

bottomdweller
04-18-2010, 13:08
[quote=Shala;381255]That is too bad for the people who cant make it. I will also watch the weather. If it is going to T-storm all weekend, not sure that would be worth a 5 1/2 hour drive.

I seem to recall a rubber chicken on the sailboat at about 80ft but I may be remembering incorrectly.[/quote

You are correct, Beach bum, Wkndbum, & myself found the sailboat with the rubber chicken & a pissed off looking bat attached at about 85 ft & went on past that to the alligator at about 110 ft this morning.

We will have more to update with Pics, but we just got home & need to wash the gear!!!

Flatliner
04-18-2010, 13:46
[quote=Shala;381255]That is too bad for the people who cant make it. I will also watch the weather. If it is going to T-storm all weekend, not sure that would be worth a 5 1/2 hour drive.

I seem to recall a rubber chicken on the sailboat at about 80ft but I may be remembering incorrectly.[/quote

You are correct, Beach bum, Wkndbum, & myself found the sailboat with the rubber chicken & a pissed off looking bat attached at about 85 ft & went on past that to the alligator at about 110 ft this morning.

We will have more to update with Pics, but we just got home & need to wash the gear!!!

I am jealous. I have looked for and missed the gator twice now.

417Diver
04-18-2010, 19:39
Found the barge aswell..

Found out my ears failed me again :smiley19:

417Diver
04-18-2010, 19:55
Here are the only pictures I have thanks to beachbum :smiley32:
http://www.missouriairparks.com/images/scuba/PIC_0063.JPG
http://www.missouriairparks.com/images/scuba/PIC_0064.JPG
http://www.missouriairparks.com/images/scuba/PIC_0065.JPG
http://www.missouriairparks.com/images/scuba/PIC_0066.JPG
http://www.missouriairparks.com/images/scuba/PIC_0067.JPG
http://www.missouriairparks.com/images/scuba/PIC_0068.JPG
http://www.missouriairparks.com/images/scuba/PIC_0069.JPG
http://www.missouriairparks.com/images/scuba/PIC_0070.JPG
http://www.missouriairparks.com/images/scuba/PIC_0071.JPG
http://www.missouriairparks.com/images/scuba/PIC_0074.JPG
http://www.missouriairparks.com/images/scuba/PIC_0075.JPG
http://www.missouriairparks.com/images/scuba/PIC_0076.JPG
http://www.missouriairparks.com/images/scuba/PIC_0077.JPG
http://www.missouriairparks.com/images/scuba/PIC_0078.JPG

Shala
04-18-2010, 20:06
Wish I woulda gone. Looks like it was a great time.

navyhmc
04-18-2010, 20:08
Wish I could have been there too! Looks like a good time was had!

Bigg_Budd
04-18-2010, 20:54
i was looking forward to the pic of me in a skirt. i mean, towel...

maverick
04-19-2010, 03:38
Guess I missed out also.

Wkndbum
04-19-2010, 04:43

Yea, you were lookin pretty cute there Bigg Budd. Thanks for bringing your Toon over & cookin dogs, that worked out great.

Thanks to Bottomdweller for arranging the pontoon rental. That thing is great to dive off of with all the room but does seem to slip away & make for a long swim at times.

417Diver
04-19-2010, 06:59

That thing is great to dive off of with all the room but does seem to slip away & make for a long swim at times.
:smilie39:
Way to set the anchor!

snipecall
04-19-2010, 07:32
I seem to recall a rubber chicken on the sailboat at about 80ft but I may be remembering incorrectly.[/quote]

This is the sailboat wombat, better known as the North Arkansas Underwater Chupacabre.

Sorry I couldn't make it, but Prom went off without any trouble.

bottomdweller
04-19-2010, 07:55

Here ya go Bud!!

bottomdweller
04-19-2010, 08:52
Here is a couple more pics.
I know I suck at loading these, but this is the only way I can figure out how to do it?

Bigg_Budd
04-19-2010, 10:28

Here ya go Bud!!

Man, I'm handsome...

plot
04-19-2010, 12:11
looks like you found the foundations. did you find the schoolbus near there?

did you ever find copter cove?

fire diver
04-19-2010, 12:25
Looks like a great time. That pontoon is H U G E !!!

Still sitting in Cali from this crappy army thing I had to do. Didnt get to do any diving this trip but I have 2 more I have to do, so I may get some cali diving in yet.

Glad to see the lake was so calm. Damn I need to get wet SOON.

bottomdweller
04-19-2010, 12:43
looks like you found the foundations. did you find the schoolbus near there?

did you ever find copter cove?

We did start at the foundations & found the school bus, had a long swim back to the boat thanks to some anchor issues. Then we went over to copter cove for lunch & did two dives there.
Then we went over by Indian Creek campground campsite #9 and found the Ruthie Mae barge. It was a good day of boat diving & I think everyone had a great time. Thanks to all who showed up & chipped in on the boat, & thanks to plot & Shala for offering to chip in on the boat even though you couldn't make it!!!!

skdvr
04-19-2010, 12:55
How big is that pontoon? That thing is HUGE!!!

Phil

bottomdweller
04-19-2010, 13:33

Phil

It's 42 ft, pretty nice setup for diving off of it.

skdvr
04-19-2010, 13:35

Phil

It's 42 ft, pretty nice setup for diving off of it.

Dang! That is awesome.

Phil

fire diver
04-19-2010, 13:42
Looking at the pics again, I realized that it's not a pontoon, it's a RORO!!!

bottomdweller
04-19-2010, 13:52
It only cost us $315.65 with the tax for the boat for 8 hours, and we only spent $19 and change for gas. A pretty sweet deal for a day of diving if you can get 10-15 people to pitch in & did I mention it has lots of room.

bottomdweller
04-19-2010, 14:07
BeachBum after a long night with the Dinosaur!

plot
04-19-2010, 15:30
thing is ~42' long x 15' wide.

Vlane
04-19-2010, 16:00
The pontoon and dives were great. I had no idea the foundations/school bus and copter cove were out there so I'm definitely looking forward to diving those again with Bigg_Budd. I think copter cove was the most interesting dive out of the two spots I went to. It was kind of eerie diving over all those fallen trees with the light the way it was.

Do you guys end up diving the foundations after copter cove?

plot
04-19-2010, 16:34
i always do foundations first because i usually go there for a deep wall dive. the majority of copter cove is between 30-40' deep so you can get in a nice long dive, even if you do follow the line allllllllll the way out to the big airplane at 60'. (don't know if you guys followed the line off the end of the copter or not, but it's a haul)

Wkndbum
04-19-2010, 20:12
BeachBum after a long night with the Dinosaur!

Up here in Nebraska it's illegal to do that to a Dinosaur. But I guess you Missouri boys can do what you want when you're in Arkansas!

Bigg_Budd
04-19-2010, 21:09
Where's the dino pic? Cmon!

bottomdweller
04-20-2010, 07:43
Heres dino pic

Beach Bum
04-20-2010, 16:16
what i do in my room with a dino at night after way to many drinks is between me and the dino :smilie39:

Bigg_Budd
04-20-2010, 18:03
dude - you owned that dino. way to make it yours...

bottomdweller
04-20-2010, 18:52
The pontoon and dives were great. I had no idea the foundations/school bus and copter cove were out there so I'm definitely looking forward to diving those again with Bigg_Budd. I think copter cove was the most interesting dive out of the two spots I went to. It was kind of eerie diving over all those fallen trees with the light the way it was.

Do you guys end up diving the foundations after copter cove?

No, we went & found the Ruthie Mae barge next to indian Creek campground after you & Bigg_Budd left.

bottomdweller
04-20-2010, 19:13
what i do in my room with a dino at night after way to many drinks is between me and the dino :smilie39:

You need a new signature!!!!!

Surrender The DINO Booty :smiley2:

Bigg_Budd
04-20-2010, 19:21
hey bottomdweller - it was good to meet you and mary. let's dive again, soon. how did you "find" the barge? did someone have general directions? is it a good dive, worth hunting it down?

bottomdweller
04-21-2010, 07:49
Hey Budd, It was great to meet you too.
Beach Bum, The wife & I are planning on camping out over Memorial Day weekend somewhere on Beaver. If you are up for it we will be diving all weekend. As for the barge we went over to Indian Creek campground by campsite #9. There are a couple of trees that were sticking out of the water & we took a compass reading of 105 degrees from those trees and headed out to about 45 ft of water and there was the barge. It was a pretty good dive & we are planning to check it out again as when we were low on air we found some more lines running off the boat like the lines all over copter cove so there may be some more stuff out there to see we just didn't have enough air left to check them out.
I will let you know when we are heading to beaver next, we may go back before Memorial Day weekend?

maverick
04-21-2010, 11:29
Is there any plans of doing this again.

bottomdweller
04-21-2010, 11:53
I was thinking about doing this again sometime this summer.
That boat is just way to cool not too.
Maybe shoot for June or July & see if we can get around 15 people or so.

Bigg_Budd
04-21-2010, 13:42
I'll be on the lake Memorial Day, actually the entire weekend. Plan to five at least two of the days. Will have a buddy from Dallas in town, who also dives. Lemme know.

maverick
04-21-2010, 15:32
Sounds like a plan bottomdweller.

Vlane
04-21-2010, 21:42
If you guys want to do some Memorial Day dives I might be up for a few, if I'm in town and you guys don't mind an extra diver.

millertime
04-22-2010, 20:37
:smiley20:Thanks to everbody that made this happen. That boat was huge with plenty of room. We should plan on it again. Is anybody planning on diving DUI dog days this weekend? It's at beaver, bought tickets a aqua sports for $10.00. You get lunch, free hat, and get to dive there dry suits from 9 to 4. I am planning on Sunday all day.