PDA

View Full Version : Scott, gotta question about my wifes Zena

creggur
09-05-2007, 21:29
In the pictures on your website it shows two stainless steel D-rings about midway up the corset, and two at the bottom.
On my wifes Zena that we got in July there are only the two at the bottom.

If there's a way to get these we'd like to, as it would make life a lot easier as far as clipping things off go..

ScottZeagle
09-06-2007, 09:21
The extra small front panels don't have them, because they wont fit in the same spot as the others....

I am assuming that she has an XS front panel???

If not, let me know...cause they should be on there!

Scott

creggur
09-06-2007, 09:33
Yep it's an XS. That explains it. Thanks for the quick reply....

So I guess there is no way to add them huh?

What about a velcro piece like the one that holds the pocket on except with a D-ring attached to it? Doesn't have to be a steel D-ring, and doesn't have to be very large just something to clip a whistle or a safety sausage to.....

ScottZeagle
09-06-2007, 11:20
I'm working on it...

Maybe for 2008 we can figure something out....the problem is, you can't retrofit an older panel without taking the whole thing apart.

:(

creggur
09-06-2007, 14:42
Actually I mean like an accessory.
If you took the velcro setup that is on the pocket on a Zena (1 double soft side/2 hard side flaps) and attached a D-ring to it, then you could hang it on the upper webbing on the front panel. It seems like it would support a good bit with the velcro doubled up in that fashion.

I might not be describing what's in my minds-eye very well..

Zenagirl
09-06-2007, 15:44
I get what you mean, and I like it!! I'm not a big fan of the D rings that are on the ends of the straps since they sort of dangle limply, but if I could get a removable metal D ring that attaches with velcro to the straps, I could secure my stuff a little better.

Come on Scott, it couldn't be that hard to sew a D ring securely onto a 1" band of velcro to attach to a strap on a Zena....gee, if only I knew how to sew. ;)

thesmoothdome
09-06-2007, 21:39
So, let me get this right. We're talking about D rings and corsets.....mmmmmm corsets.....

creggur
09-07-2007, 07:17
I get what you mean, and I like it!! I'm not a big fan of the D rings that are on the ends of the straps since they sort of dangle limply, but if I could get a removable metal D ring that attaches with velcro to the straps, I could secure my stuff a little better.

Metal would be great, but even a heavy duty plastic one would work..

Come on Scott, it couldn't be that hard to sew a D ring securely onto a 1" band of velcro to attach to a strap on a Zena....gee, if only I knew how to sew. ;)

Same with my wife. She can sew a little bit, but she's never done anything with material as heavy as the webbing, and never with D-rings. Where the heck would you get a D-ring anyway??

ScottZeagle
09-07-2007, 08:54
Where the heck would you get a D-ring anyway??

Duh...

At the d-ring store....

TAH 73
09-07-2007, 09:01
D-rings any camping/outdoor shop, or if you draw it up on paper and go to a shop that does car tops/boat top repairs they can probably fab up anything you want.

creggur
09-07-2007, 09:15

Duh...

At the d-ring store....

Thanks for the help on that one!!:smiley20:

Zenagirl
09-07-2007, 16:06
Nobody ever said Scott wasn't helpful! ;)

ScottZeagle
09-10-2007, 10:12

Duh...

At the d-ring store....

Just in case you were serious...any Zeagle dealer can order you d-rings!!!

If you don't know where to find a Zeagle dealer around here, you have problems beyond my ability.

:D

creggur
09-10-2007, 10:43
If you don't know where to find a Zeagle dealer around here, you have problems beyond my ability.

Hmmm, where would I find a Zeagle dealer on the ST website????
hmmmm.....Stumped there..:smiley29:

tgrllyct
07-13-2008, 08:49
I agree with the concept of adding additional D-rings to the top of the Zena's. In shopping for my new BC (which I'm currently having to work with ST to replace my new medium with a small), one of things that really bothered me was that the Zena only had 4 D-rings.......and none of them towards the top like my husband's Brigade. That fact alone made me want to consider other brands/styles, but I kept coming back to the Zena because of the simplicity of the design and comfort.

I would say the BC would be perfect if it has 2 more metal D-Rings towards the top, and extra pocket space on the sides for storage. Oh, and if it came with a white corset w/black zipper and trim! My 2 cents. :)

Rileybri
07-13-2008, 10:20

Duh...

At the d-ring store....

Just in case you were serious...any Zeagle dealer can order you d-rings!!!

Now if I could only find a Zeagle dealer in VT! Get on that Scott!!:smiley2:

CamaroChick
07-14-2008, 07:44
I was wondering the same thing about the D-rings - I also have an XS Zena. I don't clip anything to the 2 D-rings it has because they are just too low and dangle too much to be useful for me. I ended up clipping my stuff to the plastic "handles" on the straps - you know, the part you grab onto to tighten them. Probably not the best option, but it worked for me.

ScottZeagle
07-14-2008, 14:25
I agree with the concept of adding additional D-rings to the top of the Zena's. In shopping for my new BC (which I'm currently having to work with ST to replace my new medium with a small), one of things that really bothered me was that the Zena only had 4 D-rings.......and none of them towards the top like my husband's Brigade. That fact alone made me want to consider other brands/styles, but I kept coming back to the Zena because of the simplicity of the design and comfort.

I would say the BC would be perfect if it has 2 more metal D-Rings towards the top, and extra pocket space on the sides for storage. Oh, and if it came with a white corset w/black zipper and trim! My 2 cents. :)

We can take a look at adding a couple more d-rings...there has never been a high demand (that I know of).

As for adding extra pocket space - that would take away from the "corset" feel of the BC...I think.

tgrllyct
07-14-2008, 14:48

We can take a look at adding a couple more d-rings...there has never been a high demand (that I know of).

As for adding extra pocket space - that would take away from the "corset" feel of the BC...I think.

Maybe just a skinny little pouch - something narrow that would hold a reflector mirror or small knife. Something that wouldn't take away from the corset feel, because that is definitely a selling feature. But something that would add some on-board storage. Oooh, maybe a flat zipper pocket built into the corset??

The general feedback I've heard from every salesperson who sells the Zena, is, "it's a great BC but you're sacrificing storage space." From the excellent user reviews of the BC, I'm only suggesting thoughts/ideas to make it THE BEST ladies BC on the market! :)

Bassoonin
07-15-2008, 01:28
I just dove for the first time with my new Zena and love it! But, I too would like some D rings higher up. Maybe near the top of the right shoulder. I was thinking of sewing one on up there. (I sew and have a heavy duty machine) I'm also mounting a small knife sheath on the upper of the two waist straps, so it sits kind of horizontal. That would be a cool accessory Scott!

Foo2
07-15-2008, 10:26
I have the XS front panel. My only beef with the whole BC is that there are only 2 D-rings. I would be happy with 4 personally. Sometimes, BC's can go overboard. But it would be nice to be able to clip my octo a little higher than my hip. I feel that it is more likely that my reg will be ripped out by an OOA diver with my octo so far out of reach.