PDA

View Full Version : repair bladder seam or alter a bc

pianotech88
04-12-2010, 10:09
I am embarking on path that to this point my info searches have brought little information. I have a tech bladder mounted to my twins that was given to me. It is a great bc for my twins but i repair punctures regualarly. I now have bladder seams starting to let go. I also should say that i am a large man, 6'2" at 350 lbs. I have not found a manufactured bc that fits me to my satisfaction. I would realy like to alter a manufactured bc to fit my large torso, Chest size 62. My end result would be to move the bladders around closer to the front of my chest. I picture cutting one right up the middle of the back and adding 8 or so inches of material and then sealing the remainder of the sectioned bladder. I am looking for procedures to make edge seals in bladders. Any help along these lines would be greatly appriciated knowing that i have now moved away from manufactureres waranties and am now liable for my own errors in fabrication.

ScubaToys Larry
04-12-2010, 10:42
I would tell you to just go with something like a back bladder, and then just have a harness to fit. Either Zeagle, or some kind of transpac, backpack and wing, etc.

I think re-seaming a bladder would be something I would not attempt and trust that it will hold air when I need it.

ScottZeagle
04-12-2010, 11:56
An RF Welder (which is what we use to weld the bladder seams) is not a cheap investment!!!

I would just take Larry's advice....

Rileybri
04-12-2010, 12:00
An RF Welder (which is what we use to weld the bladder seams) is not a cheap investment!!!

word on the street has it that you do some mighty fine custom work Scott, it s this true??

ScottZeagle
04-12-2010, 12:27

word on the street has it that you do some mighty fine custom work Scott, is this true??

Custom BCs, etc...yes.

Custom RF welding...NO! It is very time consuming and is really tough to get right.

naplestreasures
11-20-2010, 17:07
Seems like it's time for a new one my friend.

Jack Hammer
11-20-2010, 17:41
Seems like it's time for a new one my friend.

I think it was time for a new one 7 1/2 months ago...

...Just sayin'