PDA

View Full Version : "new" Aeris Atmos computer

RedRattler
04-13-2010, 11:59
My coworker (a great guy) gave me his old Aeris Atmos dive computer. Has anyone had any problems with this device? He said he had no problems with it, and I have not had and problems with it on the few times I have taken it into the pool. I found a PDF of the manual online, and have read through it a few times, but just wondered if anyone had a "gotcha" that should be aware of before I take it down. I have already had it pressure checked and he replaced the o-ring and batteries before he gave it to me. Thanks.

Quetzal
05-09-2010, 19:39
I have one I bought used 5 years ago. Still works. Im loooking to buy another one because it cost me so much to go diving, I live a long way from the coast, that if it fails Im out more than the cost of a computer. So I plan to buy a new computer , or used , and keep the atmos as a back up. I plan to dive with them both.
My coworker (a great guy) gave me his old Aeris Atmos dive computer. Has anyone had any problems with this device? He said he had no problems with it, and I have not had and problems with it on the few times I have taken it into the pool. I found a PDF of the manual online, and have read through it a few times, but just wondered if anyone had a "gotcha" that should be aware of before I take it down. I have already had it pressure checked and he replaced the o-ring and batteries before he gave it to me. Thanks.

tarheeldiver
05-29-2010, 16:07
I have an Aeris Atmos that I bought from ST when I first started diving.
I have almost 200 dives on it now and have never once had a problem.
It's simple to use and easy to read. I love it! I would suggest getting the Aeris replacement batteries though. Had my LDS install new batteries once,
and I continued to get a low battery signal. Since then I just order my batteries from ST and replace myself. No problems.

chilly willy
05-29-2010, 17:59
I've got one also and never had a problem with it, I keep it for a backup now after getting an Aeris Elite.

Splitlip
05-29-2010, 18:23
It's a Pelagic product.:smiley20:

ianr33
05-29-2010, 18:32
Great computers. I bought an Aeris Atmos Pro maybe 12 years ago with my first set of dive gear. The pressure sensor died after a few years .LDS sent it back to Aeris who replaced it with a refurbished unit for $100. Computer is on my right wrist in the Avatar pic.

Main thing to be aware of is that this is a pretty aggressive computer. It is a really,really, good idea to only surface with it in the green.
As a new diver I would suggest always keeping it in the green. If it gets into the yellow start to ascend.