PDA

View Full Version : Full Cave

chicken
04-23-2010, 15:46
I spent a long weekend in north Florida finishing up my full technical cave certification. It was an incredible experience with the final dive being a 5,000 foot traverse starting at Orange Grove and ending at Peacock 3. I always thought cave diving was just looking at wet rocks in a hole, but I am hooked now!

fire diver
04-23-2010, 17:27
Congrats on finishing the course! I know it takes a lot of training and practicing to get through full cave. Maybe one of these years I'll have the time to finish mine.

Daved
04-23-2010, 18:23
congrats!

Scuba Pete
04-23-2010, 20:45
Congrats. That is one dive I would like to do someday when i want to swim a long way. I have done a 2300 foot penetration from Peacock 1 past the peanut restriction around 300 feet. I do not think that Peacock 3 connects to the rest, besides the slough, though I could be wrong.

chicken
04-24-2010, 04:37
Congrats. That is one dive I would like to do someday when i want to swim a long way. I have done a 2300 foot penetration from Peacock 1 past the peanut restriction around 300 feet. I do not think that Peacock 3 connects to the rest, besides the slough, though I could be wrong.

You are right. Peacock 3 was our first dive of the day. On the 5,000 foot swim we came out at Peacock 1.

comet24
04-24-2010, 10:15
Congrats. As a die hard wreck diver I want to do full cave one day.

chicken
04-24-2010, 13:29
I had no interest in cave diving. I won a free cavern class last year in a raffle and thought it would help my wreck skills. After doing cavern/intro to cave I was hooked. Our checkout weekend for full technical cave was three days, nine dives, and 625 minutes of dive time! The cave guys like to dive.

jj1987
04-25-2010, 10:06
I spent a long weekend in north Florida finishing up my full technical cave certification. It was an incredible experience with the final dive being a 5,000 foot traverse starting at Orange Grove and ending at Peacock 3. I always thought cave diving was just looking at wet rocks in a hole, but I am hooked now!
I bet getting to p3 took a big shovel :smiley36:

in_cavediver
04-25-2010, 12:15

Just got back myself - probably talked to you around Peacock area - We were there from the 18th - 24th

Congrats!

LiteHedded
04-27-2010, 07:12

not if you have the good map

jj1987
04-30-2010, 12:36

not if you have the good map
Last time I tried to do the traverse from p3 to p1 the crossunder tunnel was very restrictive and I wasn't sure I could go the whole way in backmount. Does it open up enough to get to p3 via backmount?

LiteHedded
04-30-2010, 12:36
depends which line you take through the crypt breakdown