PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom Dive Computer Service

thezeker
04-28-2010, 12:45
I have a Wisdom dive computer that seems to be reading my tank pressure a bit low. At first i thought i was getting short filled at my lds but then I compared readings on my Wisdom vs another Wisdom. Mine was 3360 and the other one was 3480.

I was thinking about bringing it in for service. It is out of warranty. The manual says to bring it in once a year and it has been about three years. I have no idea what they do for the annual service or if would address my problem. Any thoughts?

scubadiver888
04-28-2010, 13:52
It could be the thing always read wrong and you are just noticing. It could be the battery is getting low. If you haven't changed the battery, 3 years is a long time. You should get a low battery warning. Changing the battery might help.

Additionally, if you compare two SPGs they might not read the same. Being off by 120 PSI is fairly significant but entirely possible.

Darrell

ScubaToys Larry
04-28-2010, 14:04
The other question on whether I'd do anything, is how much is it off when it gets lower. 120 psi is not significant to me if I have 3500, it is if I have 150... So at 500, what does it show??

thezeker
04-28-2010, 15:27
The other question on whether I'd do anything, is how much is it off when it gets lower. 120 psi is not significant to me if I have 3500, it is if I have 150... So at 500, what does it show??

I'll find out tomorrow. Diving in West Palm Beach. At the end of the first dive I'll do some comparisons.

I am going to send some regs for service. Do you guys service widom computers also?

Thanks

thezeker
04-28-2010, 15:29
It could be the thing always read wrong and you are just noticing. It could be the battery is getting low. If you haven't changed the battery, 3 years is a long time. You should get a low battery warning. Changing the battery might help.

Additionally, if you compare two SPGs they might not read the same. Being off by 120 PSI is fairly significant but entirely possible.

Darrell

As fate would have it I have a battery kit. I'll take a pressure reading, then change the battery and see if it reads the same. I do not have a low battery warning yet but it is old.

Results to follow.

thezeker
04-28-2010, 15:53
Rats...........wasn't the battery. No noticeable change.

ScubaToys Larry
04-28-2010, 16:58

I'll find out tomorrow. Diving in West Palm Beach. At the end of the first dive I'll do some comparisons.

I am going to send some regs for service. Do you guys service widom computers also?

Thanks

No dive shops service computers - they go back to the manufacturer if they need something.