PDA

View Full Version : Oil Rig

Scuba Pete
04-30-2010, 12:36
I know that alot of people on this forum are from down in that region. How are things there? Can you go out and dive? Has this affected anything other than the obvouios damage to the ocean?

Chilly
04-30-2010, 13:46
No impact on the Panama City FL area - yet. I'm very worried about the long term effect of this spill along the entire gulf coast. People put food on the table through the fishing and tourism industries here. The environmental damage and the resulting adverse economic impact to the region could be devastating.

bottomdweller
04-30-2010, 14:07
I have been wondering what the effect is going to be around Clearwater Beach FL? We have a week long vacation planned there from August 15th thru the 22nd. We were planning on diving in clearwater & Tarpon Springs.
I hope we will be able to get in the water while we are there.

Dive Rong
05-01-2010, 12:12
I heard somewhere that ScubaToys was going to offer a generic oil filter that will fit all BCDs. I think we're going to need it here on Florida's West Coast and in the Keys. Note to Larry & Joe: You better hurry up!!! - DRg

inventor
05-02-2010, 10:40
This is f*****d up! Instead of trying to fix it, first 'It's a miracle! No leak!'. Then, 'OK, a little leak.' Now, 'Uh might be bigger.'

You a**holes at BP and our gov't idiots allowing them to police themselves desrve to go to jail. At this economic time, to add this kind of kick in the head to these folks. Fishermen, divers, tour operators, restaurants, they're just going to shut down with no hope of future revenue. They scrape by in good times, this further decline of income will kill them. And in this loan climate they'll never reopen. People need to be in jail for this.

Scuba Pete
05-02-2010, 11:05
Please create a separate thread in the hot topics discussion to discuss your thoughts about the oil rig. The purpose of this thread was to see what impact is has had in their life or the foreseeable affect.

bigman241
05-02-2010, 16:10
Sucks hopefully it will get better. I can not believe this happen off our coast. As for BP there done, gone, out the door, government owned. This will break them for ever. They had a refinery up in Alaska blow up two years ago another in Texas I think went to. Then this happens guest just because something is all but owned by a government does not mean it is perfect.

FishFood
05-02-2010, 16:44
We've had gulls comin in oily and dead turtles washing ashore on the Mississippi coast. Ive heard lawsuits are already flowing from everyone from fisherman to resorts expecting loss of revenue. Don't crucify BP just yet. The rig was leased from TransOcean.

cgvmer
05-02-2010, 16:55
I heard today there is concern the oil flow may move get into the gulfstream, which would draw it up the east coast of Florida as well.