PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the Dive Rite Nitek Plus?

przeor
07-12-2007, 23:55
Just what is says, I'm looking for opinions on the Nitek Plus, as I'm thinking about grabbing one as a back up computer. Looks pretty good- nitrox, lots of features, compact- but looks aren't everything... any opinions?

fire diver
07-13-2007, 18:46
I bought the Diverite DUO (from scubatoys of course!) and I love it. It has the same features as the plus (IIRC) but is much easier to use and read in my opinion. I typically wear a 7mil wetsuit, and need a good bungie strap computer to fit over my arm. The stock plus wouldn't do that. The bigger face also makes it easier to read underwater in low light conditions.

might check out the DUO before you make your decision.
<DIV>FD</DIV>

przeor
07-14-2007, 02:37
Thanks for the input- but I just picked it up (for $100 brand new- thanks craigslist!)

przeor
08-06-2007, 22:56
just wanted to add that I took the nitek plus on our utila trip and I loved it! display was easy to read, functions easy to access, all around good deal!

davepoff
11-23-2007, 10:16
I love diving with my Nitek Plus. The only issue that I have found is that anytime a drop of water gets on it, it goes into dive mode, even when rinsing gear after diving.

teog
12-13-2007, 14:06
I have the Duo and it works great. It has a large display and very easy to see when diving. It was my first dive computer and Ive been happy with it.