PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Melbourne

mickg
05-04-2010, 22:28
Hi all,

Just signed up here and thought I'd say hello.

Many here from the land down under?

Mick

ScubaToys Larry
05-05-2010, 07:30
Actual a fair number of ozzies here... Melbourne is one city I really want to visit... I've been to Australia 3 times now, and I'm heading over to sydney in a few months, then up to coffs harbor, then up to brisbane, then over to PNG in Tufi... Diving the whole way so it should be great!

Welcome to the forum... even if you do have Vegemite for breaky.. :smiley2:

Vampire Squid
05-13-2010, 09:25
Gee Larry - not a bad Dive Safari you have there. Those Paul Newman sauces/spreads are just the best !

I lived in Melbourne for 7 years. Far better 'city' than Sydney and soon to have a greater population (because it can accommodate). My favourite Beach was Brighton. My favourite spot was Cape Schanck. My brother is currently in the Navy down at Cerebres at Hastings.

What do you think of the Queenslanders slagging off your Victorian Wreck Reef against their Barrier Reef?

B Lo
05-23-2010, 19:44
Why is it called the land down under? I never understood this reference. If you know, please PM me and I will be temporarily grateful. Thanks!

Smashee
05-23-2010, 20:21
Why is it called the land down under? I never understood this reference.

It's a reference to an old bush ballad, traditionally sung by working men to scare off drop-bears.

oddbod
05-26-2010, 04:45
B Lo
Look at a globe of the world :smiley5:, plus it rhymes with CHUNDER :smilie39: