PDA

View Full Version : Allergies!!

josh7284
05-06-2010, 08:25
I have terrible allergies, but have been lucky enoug hto not have them flare up before a dive trip yet. However, if they do what is the best thing for me to do? The sneezing is okay, but I tend to get lots of congestion

Noob
05-06-2010, 08:52
I have horrible allergies also. I have found that when I dive they completely clear up. The only thing I can think of is I am breathing pure dry air with no allergens in it. For a few hrs after every time I dive I can actually breath through my nose.:smilie40:

I hope you find the same result as I do. Someone did post a link to scuba medicine I think yesterday.

mcr0112
05-06-2010, 10:57
My local dive op meeting suggested a product made by nettie. It uses a saline solution to irragate the sinus cavities out. I've used on a sinus headache & cleared it up imedialaty. Get it at wal-mart near the cold/sinus medicene. don't get the nettie pot get the bottle pressure one. It says you can use it over a sink but I find the shower better. I stay clear for about 4 to 6 hours( even out on a tractor cutting hay) haven't tried it yet for diving.

mrmccoy
05-06-2010, 12:06
Netti pot does work pretty well. I have used mucinex D in the past which dries me up pretty quick.

josh7284
05-07-2010, 08:49
I usually use the mucinex nose spray when im just at the house but whtatever you used and it helps you cutting hay seems to be great. Thanks for the thought of breathing pure air with no allergens, i can usally think of stuff like that and the allergies will stay away (all in my head) ha