PDA

View Full Version : Small reel

Jethroish
09-06-2007, 21:29
Looking for a small reel to attach to my signal sausage.

Black-Gorrilla
09-06-2007, 22:18
this belongs in WTB (right under USED FOR SALE) for future reference.
thanks.

Jethroish
09-07-2007, 08:04
Oops. Thanks for moving this.

mwhities
09-07-2007, 08:06
Not a problem.

I have a small reel that has 100+- feet of neon yellow line on it. Plus a brass double ender. I'll let it go for 20.00 shipped.

Michael

No Misses
09-07-2007, 09:56
When you say that this is for your safety sausage, do you plan on deploying the marker from depth and then reeling in line as you ascend and then as a marker as you hang on your safety stop? (yes. that is a rambling question)
I often tow a dive flag (mostly drift diving). I find that a reel with some type of drag adjustment helps with deploying the line without the spool free wheeling and jamming. This is only an issue on descent. If you are only deploying from the bottom, you can use your hands to slow the spool and keep it from turning into a birds nest (tangle). I have never used a finger spool. They are much cheaper and the simple design makes for idiot proof use. Thier simplicity is sometimes the best choice for a given task. This is just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Vercingetorix
09-09-2007, 18:59
Looking for a small reel to attach to my signal sausage.Take your $10 gift certificate and buy Finger Spool (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FingerSpool) at ST for $26 (minus $10 GC).

CaribbeanDiver
09-12-2007, 14:06
yea, exactly as vercingetorix said. you do not want a reel, what you want is a spool.