PDA

View Full Version : Junior Cert for My Son?

wsjacole
05-18-2010, 21:48
Hi, guys! My first time on, and -- ahh...I'm only a mere snorkeler! But, my husband needs to be recertified and my 10-year-old very mature son would like to obtain an open water cert if possible. We live in Flower Mound, just north of DFW and are going to Roatan, Honduras in mid-July. Any suggestions for where I can send the two of them for certifcation? (We have previously been to Tulum, St. John and Curacao). Thx!:smiley20:

Largo
05-18-2010, 21:59
Scubatoys can get your Husband a refresher course, and your son a Junior Certification. They are on I-35 W.

scubastud
05-19-2010, 05:10
Welcome !

My suggestion is to take me with you to Roatan!

DRSharky
05-19-2010, 07:48
To get the OWD certification takes time (if you want your son to get trained properly), lots of theory is involved, so if your son doesn't want to do the complete course at a local dive shop I always recommend to do the theory and pool skills at home and complete the dives at a vacation spot. I think it's waste of your time to sit at a shop and study instead of enjoying the beach or doing more dives. But that's just my opinion.
For the refresher - some dive shops do it for free if you book a bigger package with them.

chilly willy
05-19-2010, 08:03
Welcome to the forum! Another vote for the Scubatoys shop for certification, from Flower Mound you can't get much closer.

doimber
06-02-2010, 12:17
um i havent dived in a wile and i was looking on the st website and couldnt find a link. could somebody post one? thx.