PDA

View Full Version : Looking at new BCD Aeris Atmos LX?

Reddog_747
09-06-2007, 23:59
So I'm just getting back to the wonderful sport of diving after a hiatus and I need a new BC. My previous BC was an older scuba pro unit don't recall the exact model but I do recall that i was never very pleased with it. From the little research that I have done so far I am looking at the Aeris Atmos LX. I wanted to see if anyone had any first hand experience with this BC positive or negative. If anyone has any other ideas of BC's to look at let me know! Thanks in advance for any help!

Tyler

ScubaToys Larry
09-07-2007, 03:59
There are so many options... and a lot might depend on a few preferences. Do you travel much? Or is most your diving up there in the cold with a lot of suit, and a lot of lead?

We like the Aeris BC's - they are a real good customer service company. Another brand I lean toward are the Zeagle BC's - as they are extemely customizable... In fact, I had Zeagle make a custome one just for us... called the Zeagle Brigade. (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=ZeagleBrigade)

I'm sure you'll pick up some different opinions out here, but if you want to talk to us directly about it... just give us a shout or shoot me a pm.

Reddog_747
09-07-2007, 10:45
There are so many options... and a lot might depend on a few preferences. Do you travel much? Or is most your diving up there in the cold with a lot of suit, and a lot of lead?

We like the Aeris BC's - they are a real good customer service company. Another brand I lean toward are the Zeagle BC's - as they are extemely customizable... In fact, I had Zeagle make a custome one just for us... called the Zeagle Brigade. (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=ZeagleBrigade)

I'm sure you'll pick up some different opinions out here, but if you want to talk to us directly about it... just give us a shout or shoot me a pm.

I would say that most of my diving will be done here in the Seattle area with my dry suit, and a good amount of lead. I don't know how much of a difference a dry suit makes on BC choices if any? I will be heading down to my LDS that sells some Aeris equipment so i can get a hands on encounter with the Lx.

I will most certainly be talking to you guys here in the next week or so for any specific questions as I am also looking at getting the Atmos 2 computer and a mares viper octo to go with my new BC. Thanks for the input!

Zenagirl
09-07-2007, 17:03
So maybe instead of a Brigade, you'll want to check out the Ranger with 44 pounds of lift. I know quite a few Seattle area divers who dive a Ranger with a dry suit, so no problems there.