PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Want to hit the springs tomorrow

creggur
09-07-2007, 07:06
My dive buddy (my wife) has to work all weekend, and I'm itchin' to get wet. I'm in Jax, but would be willing to travel a couple of hours to dive...

Note: I am a newbie, and a bit of a hoover just so you know...

NitroWill
09-07-2007, 11:42
I might be interested..

Where are you thinking?

creggur
09-07-2007, 12:07
Thanks for the response, but my weekend plans just got changed for me. I'll be working this weekend now too.....:smiley19:

Sucks!!!!! Now I won't have another chance until the 22nd dammit:smiley21:

NitroWill
09-07-2007, 18:01
Im diving a newly found lake tomorrow morning doing some surveying and exploring...

Creggur, do divequest on the 23rd!

cudachaser
09-07-2007, 19:28
I gotta teach class all weekend...at least it's mostly pool stuff

NitroWill
09-07-2007, 19:30
What are the conditions like out of cocoa lately?

WV Diver
09-07-2007, 19:40
Anybody want to hit the springs tomorrow?

:smiley29: We hardly know each other. :smiley32::smilie39:

I'd love to go but that would make for a long day for me. I always make a trip down there in Feb to visit Ginnie and Blue Grotto and sometimes Manatee, are you close? If so I'll send you a PM when we are coming and you can come dive with us.

NitroWill
09-07-2007, 19:41
Im in Orlando..bout a good 1.5 hours from blue grotto/DD..

Feel free to send me a PM whenever you come this way!

WV Diver
09-07-2007, 19:44
Im in Orlando..bout a good 1.5 hours from blue grotto/DD..

Feel free to send me a PM whenever you come this way!

Great, I'll keep that in mind. Not sure yet what our Feb. dates are for 2008 but I will let you know. :smiley20:

NitroWill
09-07-2007, 20:30
Sounds good..thats a long ways away...but ill be here :)

NitroWill
09-08-2007, 18:14
Anyone diving (or looking to dive) tomorrow?

TommyB
09-09-2007, 07:35

it would have to be a late afternoon dive.

I have to take wife to airport at 10:30

I need to test out my new data mask...

Give me a call will and lets figure out a place
to dive today

creggur
09-09-2007, 07:42

I'd love to go but that would make for a long day for me. I always make a trip down there in Feb to visit Ginnie and Blue Grotto and sometimes Manatee, are you close? If so I'll send you a PM when we are coming and you can come dive with us.

Definately PM me, or just post it up here when the time comes..I have no problem driving down to Ginnie or BG. It's about an hour and half from me..

WV Diver
09-09-2007, 07:50

Definately PM me, or just post it up here when the time comes..I have no problem driving down to Ginnie or BG. It's about an hour and half from me..
Great, I will put you and Nitro in the notes section of my logbook so I don't forget about it come Feb. and I'll give you a shout. I am usually DMing for the shop and have students to deal with, but if I know you guys are going to be there for sure, I will definately make the time to do a couple dives with you.

Thanks for the generous offer. We usually stay in Gainesville you could even go out to dinner with us if you have time and we could discuss the WPB excursion that we usually tack on the end of the trip and you can join us if you like. We are usually done with students by then and all the DM's and Instructors drive down and do some drift dives with Jim Abernathy's. It is a good time.

scubasamurai
09-09-2007, 08:45

Great, I will put you and Nitro in the notes section of my logbook so I don't forget about it come Feb. and I'll give you a shout. I am usually DMing for the shop and have students to deal with, but if I know you guys are going to be there for sure, I will definately make the time to do a couple dives with you.

Thanks for the generous offer. We usually stay in Gainesville you could even go out to dinner with us if you have time and we could discuss the WPB excursion that we usually tack on the end of the trip and you can join us if you like. We are usually done with students by then and all the DM's and Instructors drive down and do some drift dives with Jim Abernathy's. It is a good time.

keep me in mind as well i am also in the area and love to go with you guys as well. it is also about an hour and change as well

WV Diver
09-09-2007, 08:58

keep me in mind as well i am also in the area and love to go with you guys as well. it is also about an hour and change as well Great, I'll be in touch when I have dates and the like so you guys can plan.

NitroWill
09-09-2007, 11:26

Definitely, just give me a shout!

NitroWill
09-09-2007, 11:27

it would have to be a late afternoon dive.

I have to take wife to airport at 10:30

I need to test out my new data mask...

Give me a call will and lets figure out a place
to dive today

I seem to have misplaced your #:smiley29:
Give me a call..Not sure where we could go on such short notice..

WV Diver
10-06-2007, 18:39
Sorry guys, we (the wife and I) just finished booking our Feb vacation and unfortunately it conflicts with the trip I would normally take with my LDS to Florida to do student check out dives. So I won't be coming down THIS Feb to dive with you all but I am still open to suggestions and may make a special trip down to see you if I can swing it.

scubasamurai
10-07-2007, 10:06
bummer, we will keep you posted, lds has several trips to the den, grotto's during the winter, so when we go i will drop you a note, maybe hook up or maybe not. but there is always next year

sudnit5
10-07-2007, 12:09
I would love to go, but I am working this weekend as well. I just went to Ginnie Springs this week. It is really nice out there and definitely want to go back soon.

WV Diver
12-22-2008, 07:18
A cruise kept me from making my annual pilgrimage to the springs and WPB in 2008 but below is my schedule for 2009.

Thursday, 12 Feb 09, Arrive at Ginnie Springs around 1:00 PM, do two dives. Stay in Gainesville.

Friday 13 Feb 09, two morning dives at Blue Grotto. Drive Friday afternoon to West Palm and spend the night.

Saturday, 14 Feb 09, do two morning boat dives out of West Palm Beach.

Since this thread is so old I will send PM's out to those who expressed previous interest in a meet and greet.

We (the wife, Kokomo, and I) would love to meet some of the Florida SCUBA TOYS members.

If anyone would like to meet us at the springs or West Palm we would love to get to know you better and maybe do some diving.

While in Ginnie Springs I will likely be helping a lot with classes, so I can't make any promises about actually diving with anyone the first couple dives. But I would like to meet and chat with you regardless. But since we are spending the night in Gainesville we could dive after the check out dives are complete or maybe just have dinner.

We will be traveling with Mocepts (a board member) and his wife so you can meet them and possibly dive with them and Kokomo at Ginnie or Blue Grotto even if I can't make the dive.

Blue Grotto is a dive and drive day. Since it is a long drive to WPB we won't be able to hang around too long after the morning dives but still there is opportunity to meet folks and possible dive with some of our group in the morning.

Once in WPB the working DM part should be over for me and we could all dive together. I think and hope that there will be room on the boat for anyone wanting to go out with us. Just let me know if you are interested and I will try to book you a spot on the boat with us. We typically go out with Jim Abernathy's although this has not been decided yet for this trip. The trip organizer has options to consider and I won't know for sure for a little while. If you would like a spot on the boat let me know asap and BTW bring your SMB, a safety sausage is now required for the boat dives. This is something new I just found out about.

We hope to meet some of you while we are in Florida.

Have a great holiday season.