PDA

View Full Version : RE: ST Party

Foo2
09-07-2007, 11:33
Ok guys....so how are we gonna label ourselves at the party? We almost need everybody to pin a pic of their avatar on themselves. :smiley36: We need to think of some way to identify each other....maybe everybody wears a "hello my name is" sticker. The ladies will be easy to identify...we will all have dive flag toenails. Most likely decked out with glitter and rhinestones.:smiley2: What are your thoughts?

NitroWill
09-07-2007, 11:48
Use your forum names for your nametags ;)

DevilDiver
09-07-2007, 11:50
Everyone can get Scuba Toys tattoo's........

techgnostic
09-07-2007, 11:53
I won't be there to attend, but you could have the attendees write their nametags, but leave them on a central board until someone guesses who they are. Add a bit of mystery to things. Of course some will be easier than others to guess. :smiley2:

dallasdivergirl
09-07-2007, 13:10
um...I get i.d.-ed already.
No name tag for me.
I may go incognito with a blonde wig and big sunglasses.

torrey
09-07-2007, 13:23
That will only get you more unwanted attention, hehe

dallasdivergirl
09-07-2007, 13:49
That will only get you more unwanted attention, hehe

I can get a stick on mustache and sideburns with the blonde wig!:smiley36:

greyzen
09-07-2007, 14:50
That was MY outfit!

Fine, I'm coming in a chemlight skirt then

ScubaToys Larry
09-07-2007, 16:14
And here is the info on the party!

http://www.scubatoys.com/LakegrandOpen.asp

dallasdivergirl
09-07-2007, 16:27
That was MY outfit!

Fine, I'm coming in a chemlight skirt then

The red headed giant in a chemlight skirt. I will need some really really good sunglasses.

DevilDiver
09-07-2007, 19:54
I hope the hamburger and hotdog guys are there, they were cool and the food was great. They worked their butts off. I'll bet they cooked over 500 hamburgers and almost 1,000 hot dogs at the last party.....

TX1Chica
09-10-2007, 10:45
We need ST shirts that we could put our user name on.

Foo2
09-10-2007, 10:46
That's funny that you say that, cause I was thinking that all the Foo's need to get some sort of a shirt. Anyway, good idea!

WV Diver
09-10-2007, 10:51
And here is the info on the party!

http://www.scubatoys.com/LakegrandOpen.aspWish I could make it but it is a little far away and an expensive trip. :smiley19: Someday I would like to come by and visit with you guys and gals. Have fun talking about me. OOps, I mean have fun and talk good about me. :smiley2::smiley36:

Vercingetorix
09-10-2007, 11:19
I'll be there as a volunteer from the ScubaDillo Dive Club. I'll be wearing our club t-shirt and a diver boonie hat.

WV Diver
09-10-2007, 11:20
diver boonie hat. :smiley25::smiley25::smiley25:

Vercingetorix
09-10-2007, 11:54
diver boonie hat. :smiley25::smiley25::smiley25:
"Boonie hat" is a Vietnam-era term. I'm from that era.

Floppy hat (http://www.catalinadiverssupply.com/Merchandise_On_Sale/floppy_hat.GIF)

Larry: please make these with the ScubaToys logo, so I can stop advertising Catalina Divers Supply. I bought this hat when I dove in Catalina

texarkandy
09-10-2007, 12:13
How bout we throw a fish fry into the mix here -

& I know where we can get the fish!!!!! :( Vicious little boogers!!!

TommyB
09-10-2007, 12:28
I'll be there. Will be flying in from Orlando.

Wife goes to Paris and I get to go to terrel--go figure

Vercingetorix
09-10-2007, 12:50

Wife goes to Paris and I get to go to terrel--go figureParis, Texas?? No great loss to you; you'll have more fun.:smilie39:

loudgonzo
09-10-2007, 13:03

Wife goes to Paris and I get to go to terrel--go figureParis, Texas?? No great loss to you; you'll have more fun.:smilie39:

Yup, a whole lot of nothing up there!

TommyB
09-10-2007, 13:05

she goes to cork scotland first to play golf, the to Paris .
she'll be gone about 2 weeks.

I'm doing the ST party then Key West.

your right though I'll have more fun!!!

loudgonzo
09-10-2007, 13:05
by the way, I'll be at the party also...

Divingguy
09-10-2007, 14:21
I want to see someone fry up some of those killer perch from CSSP that keep stalking me, and breathing on me.

cgvmer
09-10-2007, 15:04
My timing is off as usual, I fly back from Texas on the 21st

ertechsg
09-10-2007, 15:12
My timing is off as usual, I fly back from Texas on the 21st I'll make 1 dive extra for you and have a hotdog for you so you don't feel too left out:smiley2:

TX1Chica
09-11-2007, 13:15
You guys got me so worried about those little fish nibbling on my ears. When I was out their a couple of weeks ago my mask was flooding and I just knew when I closed my eyes to clear it they were going to attack.

Vercingetorix
09-11-2007, 13:20
You guys got me so worried about those little fish nibbling on my ears. When I was out their a couple of weeks ago my mask was flooding and I just knew when I closed my eyes to clear it they were going to attack.I've never been bothered by the Perch-rahna. I guess they attack only sweet people; not those of us embittered by life.:smiley36:

TX1Chica
09-11-2007, 13:20
Oh I just thought about something... I don't have my own tanks, last time I rented at CSSP but I noticed by mid morning they were out of tanks. With all of the people coming for the ST party, should I rent some from another dive shop and bring them with me? The only reason I hate to rent from someone else is because the closest shop is over an hour away from my house and I don't get off work until 5 so its hard to return them on Mon. But I would hate to show up for the ST party and CSSP not have any tanks.

Vercingetorix
09-11-2007, 13:23
Oh I just thought about something... I don't have my own tanks, last time I rented at CSSP but I noticed by mid morning they were out of tanks. With all of the people coming for the ST party, should I rent some from another dive shop and bring them with me? The only reason I hate to rent from someone else is because the closest shop is over an hour away from my house and I don't get off work until 5 so its hard to return them on Mon. But I would hate to show up for the ST party and CSSP not have any tanks.
Perhaps, you might suggest that ScubaToys bring a few extra tanks from the shop.

DUnder
09-11-2007, 13:24
I hope that everyone that shows up at the party has a good time. I will not be able to make as it is a bit far to go.

Vercingetorix
09-11-2007, 15:43
Those of us who have been to the Pavillion know about the parking situation. You park in ad around trees. There is also a small field across the way. Now given that the June store party had over 1000 attendees, if, let's say a fourth of those show up, parking will be messy. You'll have to do some walking because you'll park far, far away. Now, carry your gear with tank(s) that distance.

For Robert, the CSSP owner, Sunday will be a good day at $20 per person. Imagine if 500 folks show-up. That's $10,000 thanks to ScubaToys alone. $10,000...that's some serious beer money. The check-in lines will extend out the park front gate.

Illini_Fan
09-11-2007, 15:55
The check-in lines will extend out the park front gate.

Good point -- I'm thinking I need to drag my butt out of bed early to beat the lines. I could always nap for an hour or so before the crowds start arriving.

dallasdivergirl
09-11-2007, 16:10
The check-in lines will extend out the park front gate.

Good point -- I'm thinking I need to drag my butt out of bed early to beat the lines. I could always nap for an hour or so before the crowds start arriving.

AWWWH, I haven't even thought of that. Yikes!:smiley19:

TommyB
09-11-2007, 16:13
Make Larry get a golf-cart and hitch a trailer to it.
then he can shuttle gear back and forth..
I would say joe, but not sure he's licensed to drive a golf-cart :)

Vercingetorix
09-11-2007, 16:14
I'm volunteering as part of the ScubaDillo team. I'll be there at 8 AM or earlier (opens at 8 AM).

AWWWH, I haven't even thought of that. Yikes!:smiley19:It's a long drive from Fort Worth, lady. Set your alarm clock for 4 AM:smiley36:

dallasdivergirl
09-11-2007, 16:47
I'm volunteering as part of the ScubaDillo team. I'll be there at 8 AM or earlier (opens at 8 AM).

AWWWH, I haven't even thought of that. Yikes!:smiley19:It's a long drive from Fort Worth, lady. Set your alarm clock for 4 AM:smiley36:

With two dogs in an apartment, I can't leave them alone that long.
I doubt I will be diving that day with everyone there.

Harshal
09-11-2007, 16:51
Make Larry get a golf-cart and hitch a trailer to it.
then he can shuttle gear back and forth..
I would say joe, but not sure he's licensed to drive a golf-cart :)
Yay.......... for that :smiley20:

ertechsg
09-11-2007, 17:01
You mean we don't get 10% off entry fee for being board members :smiley36:

ScubaToys Larry
09-11-2007, 17:11

If I owned the park you would!

Vercingetorix
09-11-2007, 17:14
Larry,

Just tell Robert that YOUR customers are coming to CSSP and he should split the entry fee with you.:smiley36:

Divingguy
09-12-2007, 07:45
I will heading that direction from Parker County, like pre-dawn. I'll bring some extra sharpies to mark divers. No wait, that was a different thread. With this many people coming, the killer perch don't stand a chance!!! :smiley2:

ertechsg
09-12-2007, 08:41

If I owned the park you would! Hint... Larry's next adventure owning the dive shop and the park can you say monopoly. Watch out Larry they wouldn't let Bill Gates do it:smiley2:

gtjason2000
09-12-2007, 10:44
Hmm I will be doing my dm internship at cssp on sunday, will have to go over and check it out on the sly.

Harshal
09-12-2007, 10:47
Hmm I will be doing my dm internship at cssp on sunday, will have to go over and check it out on the sly.
Good Luck..... hopefully we will have an additional DM to look after all these crazy divers from ST..............lol :smiley20:

jwdizney
09-12-2007, 13:49
Man! I wish DisneyMom and I could make it, but my daughter and I are tentatively doing our final checkout dive for OW cert on the 23rd at Beaver in AR. we certainly look forward to joining you guys next year!

have fun!!!!:fulle:

Disneymom
09-12-2007, 17:50
I too, wish we could be there! Silly checkout dives! :smiley36: We'll make it to the next one.

DevilDiver
09-15-2007, 20:00
Ok guys....so how are we gonna label ourselves at the party? We almost need everybody to pin a pic of their avatar on themselves. :smiley36: We need to think of some way to identify each other....maybe everybody wears a "hello my name is" sticker. The ladies will be easy to identify...we will all have dive flag toenails. Most likely decked out with glitter and rhinestones.:smiley2: What are your thoughts?

Was there ever an answer to the original post????

ScubaToys Larry
09-15-2007, 20:13
Here's an idea... tell me if you like this. Everyone print off 2 pictures of your avatar... write you screen name on it... pin it to your shirt. Take the other copy with your name, bring it in and we will have a box where you drop it off. Anyone wearing their tag, can drop their avatar and name into the box and at the end of the day we will have a drawing and give away a prize only to one of the folks who is a board member.

Any board member (other than devildiver - he made fun of me in another post) will be eligible.

Sound good?

DevilDiver
09-15-2007, 20:17
Here's an idea... tell me if you like this. Everyone print off 2 pictures of your avatar... write you screen name on it... pin it to your shirt. Take the other copy with your name, bring it in and we will have a box where you drop it off. Anyone wearing their tag, can drop their avatar and name into the box and at the end of the day we will have a drawing and give away a prize only to one of the folks who is a board member.

Any board member (other than devildiver - he made fun of me in another post) will be eligible.

Sound good?

Yea... That sounds just great!!!:smiley7:

PlatypusMan
09-16-2007, 22:57
:comic11:----Hey gang! Only seven more days until the Par-tay!!!

Will YOU be there?----:smiley2:

Foo2
09-17-2007, 10:04

Sound good?
That's a great idea Larry! I didn't think about printing off avatar pics.:smiley20:

jwdizney
09-18-2007, 10:24
It's official, disney-daughter and I are finishing our OW cert.dives on Sunday, and DISNEYMOM is completing her AOW... all in Arkansas... we'd love to be at the party and meet you guys.. at least.. most of you....:smiley2:

would anyone be willing to 'represent' for us as proxy attendees? i think between us we could knock down about 8 hot dogs and asst'd beverages... we'd also laugh at all the good jokes and appear confused when the DIR discussions come up.... and don't forget, we're celebrating new certifications!!!!!

have fun guys! we'll see you next year!!:smiley20:

DevilDiver
09-18-2007, 10:30
It's official, disney-daughter and I are finishing our OW cert.dives on Sunday, and DISNEYMOM is completing her AOW... all in Arkansas... we'd love to be at the party and meet you guys.. at least.. most of you....:smiley2:

would anyone be willing to 'represent' for us as proxy attendees? i think between us we could knock down about 8 hot dogs and asst'd beverages... we'd also laugh at all the good jokes and appear confused when the DIR discussions come up.... and don't forget, we're celebrating new certifications!!!!!

have fun guys! we'll see you next year!!:smiley20:

I noticed from your profile you are from Broken Bow. I know you are doing yor classes in Arkansas this weekend but your home town wouldn't be a long drive if you wanted to come out another time... Let us know. Congratulations!

jwdizney
09-18-2007, 10:45
actually, it's Broken Arrow (lot of broken stuff here in OK)... not so close..we're a burb of Tulsa.. but still, only a little over 4 hour drive down there....

greyzen
09-18-2007, 10:48
4hrs? Yeah, about as far for me (strange how large Texas is). If I can convince my wife someday I swear I'm making a trek up there.

The main problem right now is she don't want me spending the money after the 4hr drive.

"When I come in, I'll be a well-equipped snorkeler. Two grand and at least one large bag later, I'll be a well-equipped scuba diver."

DevilDiver
09-18-2007, 10:48
actually, it's Broken Arrow (lot of broken stuff here in OK)... not so close..we're a burb of Tulsa.. but still, only a little over 4 hour drive down there....

Still not bad. Tell you what. The next time you can make it down i will bring the hotdogs to CSSP to make up for the ones we will have to consume for you. You have to give some notice though.........:smiley20:

jwdizney
09-18-2007, 10:52

Still not bad. Tell you what. The next time you can make it down i will bring the hotdogs to CSSP to make up for the ones we will have to consume for you. You have to give some notice though.........:smiley20:
YOU GOT A DEAL!:smiley20:

unclepooty
09-18-2007, 21:03

Sound good?
That's a great idea Larry! I didn't think about printing off avatar pics.:smiley20:

OK, I'm in and I've got my avitar printed. Can't wait to meet ya'll!

foo3
09-19-2007, 20:45
ok guys i was totally planning to come to the party but i am soooo upset to have to tell yall, i am not going to be able to come now :( i have came down with a wicked case of mono.. how? i have no clue.. like seriously, i know alot of you will make some jokes about the kissing disease or whatever blah blah blah lol, but seriously yall keep me in your thoughts at the party and have a dive for me cause i am seriously upset i can't come.. but you will meet the infamous foo3 soon!