PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Vancouver, WA

nightop
06-02-2010, 14:01
New to the hobby/sport. Took a trip to Maui a few weeks ago which was really my first "real" experience with a mask, snorkel and fins. I have had all these items in the past but mainly just for playing in the pool with. 10yrs or so ago a friend of mine got certified and since that point it has always been something in the back of my mind that I would like to look into. Well the trip to Maui convinced me. The first trip to Molokini crater I signed up for a Snuba tour (tank of air on a float with air hoses down to you 20 feet below) and I was hooked. I wanted to be free of the cord holding me in place. I did two Snuba tours while in Maui and snorkeled almost every day. Bought a $50 underwater camera and took a bunch of pictures. When I got back home, I began in earnst to research my options for getting certified.

I am not really looking forward to the cold water we have here in the NW, but one must do what one must do to be able to dive the next time I am at a warm water location. Maui again in 2 years...2012.

My other hobbies are Astronomy/Astrophotography another hobby that has major downfalls here in the NW, too much rain and clouds. I also run a weather station that does pretty much live updates to the internet. I also like golfing and white water rafting.

Links to pictures of space objects and weather station data can be found at http://www.nightop.com also twitter updates from the weather station can be found by doing a search for "nightop".

Greg

scubajane
06-02-2010, 16:53
welcome to the addiction of scuba. when you get your certification you will always be looking for your next 'fix'