PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate scuba diving

Jamesmb
09-07-2007, 12:15
Why not.

Osprey
09-07-2007, 13:27
Because it's expensive, is pretty much by big ol' qualm with it.

Bout it :)

No Misses
09-07-2007, 13:42
What I hate about scuba diving...It is the same thing that I hate about fishing. It is too popular. There are times that I have to run all over the reef to find a spot to drop divers without running into the crowd. On the weekends it is almost impossible to get onto the wrecks in the area. I can get there first thing in the morning. But, later in the day they are covered with fishing boats or dive boats.

cgvmer
09-07-2007, 13:44
I hate scuba diving because I can't convince my wife to do it, and it take so much energy to make time to do it, without her!

quarrydiver
09-07-2007, 13:56
Too much work rinsing and drying gear after dives. I guess that's what makes the liveaboards nice... no work, only play.

dmdoss
09-07-2007, 14:04
The cold. Thats about it.

wxboy911
09-07-2007, 14:36
The need for water-I don't live near any!

gtjason2000
09-07-2007, 14:53
It makes my skin wrinkly.

dallasdivergirl
09-07-2007, 16:33
I get cold and start shaking and chattering.

mm_dm
09-07-2007, 16:38
Because the bathroom where I hang my Neoprenes smells like a bluegill.

scubafreak
09-07-2007, 16:42
Because I have to take breaks in between dives to go to work, eat and sleepb!!!!!!

scuba Widow
09-07-2007, 17:07
As a non diver I hate scuba because I have to always empty the tub of gear before showering and tripping over his gear in the bathroom.

Vercingetorix
09-07-2007, 17:28
Because I have to get wet and stuff.

kev99
09-07-2007, 20:59
Too much work rinsing and drying gear after dives.

Agreed! The fun part (diving) is shorter than all the other stuff you have to do.

MEL-DC Diver
09-07-2007, 21:03
Because you can't tinkle in a drysuit and I still feel guilty when I do it in my wetsuit.

mpd525
09-07-2007, 21:13
Because i have to rent gear, until x-mas time, and because idiots here can't see that sign that says, Scuba Divers only, no swimmers

Capt Hook
09-07-2007, 21:32
Because I can't do enough of it.

DivingsInMyBlood
09-07-2007, 21:39
because i want so much gear out there (more than my wallet can allow).

Liv7301
09-07-2007, 21:49
The gear has taken over my spare bedroom (both the room proper and closet) and when family comes to visit I have no idea where in this house I am going to put it all.

mdwestgrl
09-08-2007, 00:01
Because it has completely consumed my husband :smiley2: he is so addicted, and because it takes so long to get the gear ready - into the gear - out of the gear - clean and dry the gear. Wish we could be underwater as long as it takes to get in and out of the gear and clean it at least.

reefgirl64
09-08-2007, 00:03
because I want more than I can afford and go places I can't afford! and it just simply makes me fanatical.

willardj
09-08-2007, 07:41
Because I can't go as much as I want.

Charlotte Smith
09-08-2007, 08:53
Because as much as my husband loves it I still HAVE to be resposible for getting his gear too and from our dive destinations as well as keeping it clean....You think 1 set of gear is bad...try 2....but in the end it is worth it just to get to dive .....we sometimes get a new mask because of this because I can't always remember everything when it gets moved. Our spare room is also where we store hunting stuff so things get moved around occassionally....Ow well.....can't be perfect can we?

BSea
09-08-2007, 08:57
As a non diver I hate scuba because I have to always empty the tub of gear before showering and tripping over his gear in the bathroom.
Why do you shower in the gear closet? That's what a guest bath is for.

lucidblue
09-08-2007, 09:42
Because as much as my husband loves it I still HAVE to be resposible for getting his gear too and from our dive destinations as well as keeping it clean....You think 1 set of gear is bad...try 2....but in the end it is worth it just to get to dive .....we sometimes get a new mask because of this because I can't always remember everything when it gets moved. Our spare room is also where we store hunting stuff so things get moved around occassionally....Ow well.....can't be perfect can we?

Why are you responsible for his gear? Everyone should be responsible for their own. That goes for diving, skiing, mountain biking, etc...

lucidblue
09-08-2007, 09:53
because I want more than I can afford and go places I can't afford! and it just simply makes me fanatical.

and because it takes so long to get the gear ready - into the gear - out of the gear - clean and dry the gear. Wish we could be underwater as long as it takes to get in and out of the gear and clean it at least.

These are my reasons too. Also, I wish more of my friends were into diving, so groups of us could go on trips together.

finflippers
09-08-2007, 10:49

Wish we had a second bath. The bad part is about the time everything is good and dry it is time to hit the water again and it starts all over.

georoc01
09-08-2007, 10:49
Why not.

The hassle of traveling to dive destinations. A quick trip is four days min with the 24 hour rule on flying out. And the really good places are very long trips.

Going to the Great Barrier Reef involves four flights with a total time of 21 hours in the air, not including layovers, security checks, weight restrictions, etc. The logistics of travel cause 7 days of diving into a 12 day trip.

Vercingetorix
09-08-2007, 17:16
Because as much as my husband loves it I still HAVE to be resposible for getting his gear too and from our dive destinations as well as keeping it cleanCharlotte,

Look that boy in the eye and repeat after me: Clean You Own D*mned Gear!!!!

Or, just send him to bed without supper until he cleans his gear.:smiley36:

scuba Widow
09-08-2007, 17:34

We don't have a guest bath.

hoop
09-08-2007, 17:48
One word. Shrinkage!! :smilie39:

Na, I would have to say cleaning and drying gear.... That, and I can't get any of my buddies interested in it....

blue37
09-08-2007, 19:49
Getting addicted to this website... :)

kevinj1
09-08-2007, 23:42
I hate scuba diving because it is the ultimate addiction.
Once you try it, you never want to stop. You think about it morning, noon and night. You even dream about it. You tell your friends about it, but they don't understand. You try explaining it to your spouse or significant other and they think you are crazy. Your good friends Joe and Larry are actually your "dealers". It can tear lives/relationships apart and leave you financially bankrupt--and always wanting more.
BUT
It's all worth it, when you get that amazing moment of bliss. Our actual "high", is what we call "bottom time". To become part of a world that few will ever get to explore. It's that state of euphoria, when you feel like you are a part of that living reef community. Your own under water utopia. No day-to-day noise that we hear so often. Just us, our thoughts and the fish.
SCUBA is my addiction, and because of that, I hate it.

kingfish
09-09-2007, 01:47
yeh cleaning gear does suck.:smiley5:

Jas.

Subaqua
09-09-2007, 08:48
cold, live too much up North :(.
Because the more I dive, the more I want to go back.
All the new stuffs, destinations, etcc. that I'll never be able to afford.

spotteddog
09-09-2007, 12:51
Because the last time i went to Lake Travis a perch kept biting my ear and finally made it bleed!:smiley21:

Suther2136
09-09-2007, 16:07
I work too many hours and don't have enough time to dive very often...my equipment sit there and taunts me.

Dive Diva
09-09-2007, 19:02
Because I have to come up to change O2 tanks. I really needs gills. They make fake boobs, go to the moon, can take a picture of my house from outter space, and can transplant a face but can't make me one little set of gills. HUM, research project?

diverdad
09-09-2007, 21:35
I hate scuba diving because it is the ultimate addiction.
Once you try it, you never want to stop. You think about it morning, noon and night. You even dream about it. You tell your friends about it, but they don't understand. You try explaining it to your spouse or significant other and they think you are crazy. Your good friends Joe and Larry are actually your "dealers". It can tear lives/relationships apart and leave you financially bankrupt--and always wanting more.
BUT
It's all worth it, when you get that amazing moment of bliss. Our actual "high", is what we call "bottom time". To become part of a world that few will ever get to explore. It's that state of euphoria, when you feel like you are a part of that living reef community. Your own under water utopia. No day-to-day noise that we hear so often. Just us, our thoughts and the fish.
SCUBA is my addiction, and because of that, I hate it.

amen brother!!! you expressed my thoughts perfectly.

Charlotte Smith
09-09-2007, 21:48

Why are you responsible for his gear? Everyone should be responsible for their own. That goes for diving, skiing, mountain biking, etc...
Because he has a REAL job...or so he says...I just take care of the farm amd feed the animals, bale hay, do the housework, and if I don't get the gear ready to go we will be leaving too late( sound like a crock to you?) He then starts asking about each thing on the way.....did you get this did you get that etc....Then I tell him.......If you want to know whats back there...Pack IT! He shuts up....:smiley2:

ScubaJenn81
09-10-2007, 12:21
Lots of prep work and lots of cleanup.

Dive Diva
09-11-2007, 15:11
Nitogen, damn stuff ruins bottom time.:smiley19:

tremtech
09-11-2007, 18:45
because the top of the line gear i bought last year has now has been re-engineered to be better than ever an now mine is worthless. that new gear will be also re engineered next year and so on .