PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic Veo 100Nx FO2 50% Default option?

ScubaStevo
06-02-2010, 17:42
I am setting up my new Oceanic Veo 100Nx and I am a little confused on the FO2 50% Default option. The manual says if I set it to ON and the FO2 value is set to greater then 21%, then it will revert back to 50% 10 minutes after the dive and I would have to reset it for each repetitive Nitrox dive. Why would I want my computer to revert from the percentage I am using to 50% after my dive? Is there a reason for this?

Capt. Burrito
06-02-2010, 18:33
cant imagine why you want it to do that

ScubaStevo
06-02-2010, 18:42
cant imagine why you want it to do that

Me either! I have that setting OFF for now. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that.

mitsuguy
06-03-2010, 04:46
It is in case you switch from nitrox to air, or to a lesser/higher percentage of nitrox, it gives you the maximum safety...

Not only does it give you PO2 alerts as if it were at 50% O2 (which has a 1.4 PO2 at only 60 feet, but it also adds to your nitrogen loading as if you were diving air... Basically, it calculates as though you were diving 50% O2 AND 79% N2....

Its the ultimate in safety factors...

I leave mine turned off, and just make sure to adjust the computer mix accordingly...

ScubaStevo
06-03-2010, 05:11
It is in case you switch from nitrox to air, or to a lesser/higher percentage of nitrox, it gives you the maximum safety...

Not only does it give you PO2 alerts as if it were at 50% O2 (which has a 1.4 PO2 at only 60 feet, but it also adds to your nitrogen loading as if you were diving air... Basically, it calculates as though you were diving 50% O2 AND 79% N2....

Its the ultimate in safety factors...

I leave mine turned off, and just make sure to adjust the computer mix accordingly...

Oh ok, now I understand. I thought I was missing something. I don't plan on exceeding 1.4 PO2 anyways, so I will leave it off and adjust the FO2 percentage accordingly as well.

Thanks!