PDA

View Full Version : Lake Michigan Shore dive in evanston

jbres1
09-07-2007, 17:34
Anybody up for a shore dive off of Greenwood ave in Evanston.
There is a ship about 100 yrds off the shore .
Vis isn't the best from what I've been told, could be in the range of 5 to 30 ft. depending on the wind and weather.
Any takers ?
Jim Breslin

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
09-07-2007, 19:44
This weekend is out for me but maybe next!?!?!?

effinghamdiver
09-07-2007, 21:31
Vis isn't the best from what I've been told, could be in the range of 5 to 30 ft. depending on the wind and weather.
Any takers ?
Jim Breslin

I have been thinking about coming up for some wreck diving, any good wrecks in that area? also any good dive boats?

JugglingMonkeys
09-07-2007, 22:23

which ship is it?

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
09-07-2007, 23:02
Any takers ?
Jim Breslin

I have been thinking about coming up for some wreck diving, any good wrecks in that area? also any good dive boats?

Yes. There are probably 2 dozen known wrecks between Milwaukee, WI and the north shore of Indiana. There are also several charters available. Word of advice though, water temp is roughly 58 degrees at 30' or so. You'll need a 7mil suit or dry suit if you plan on diving after this month as water temps will sink fast as seasonal changes start to set in. If you google Lake Michigan Dive Charters you'll find a few. Most charge between $100-150 for 1-2 tank half day dives. There is also a charter out of Indiana Capt Dan I think, that is pretty popular.

jbres1
09-09-2007, 01:12
Here is a you tube link to the dive .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-uUjxj3HiY
The ship is the George Morley
Jim Breslin