PDA

View Full Version : 250th Post - Yah

Krakenn
09-08-2007, 00:56
Well this should be my 250th post.

So the big question now is what am I going to buy with this hard earned post bonus from the lads at Scuba Toys.

I was going to get an Oceanic Atom 2 in the Limited Edition Colours but alas one of you got the last one of those recently. So I have gone off of the idea of the Atom 2.

Can anyone help me please with some ideas as it is spring in Western Australia now and I would love some new toys for summer.

Any suggestion welcome because I dont care, I got to 250 yah!

The big questions is what do you buy the boy that has everything! - Hmm I do like the idea of a twin tank system and ComputerDude has given the profile for that set up with twin 100 steels but..

Then there is the Mares Abyss Reg to replace the Metal. Decision Decisions!

Hey folks Guess what - KRAKKY got to 250 Posts!

hehehe -Smiles

Kraks

Divegirl
09-08-2007, 01:01
Congrats

So at 250 what is the reward??? $50

Um, good question, what to buy? If you need help spending it,
I am sure you will have plenty of people to help

WV Diver
09-08-2007, 07:07
:smilie39:It's about time.......................... SLACKER!! :smiley2:

I wouldn't pretend to tell you how to spend your money unless you are going to spend it on me. Just tell Larry to credit my account for $50 bucks, he'll know what ya mean. :smiley2:

quarrydiver
09-09-2007, 08:01
Congrats! Alas, I remain a guppy.

Vercingetorix
09-09-2007, 08:39

So the big question now is what am I going to buy with this hard earned post bonus from the lads at Scuba Toys?Dang...I wish all questions were this easy.

When Joe issues you your gift certificate, call him at (877) Scuba Gear (877) 728-2243, and repeat after me: Joe, please apply my gift certificate to Rick Emery's account.

See...easy. And, you'll have that warm, fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for somebody "out there". Ask DallasDiverGirl, Torrey, or Joe; they've met me; they'll tell you I'm a nice guy.

So...go ahead...do it today. You'll feel better tomorrow.

DivingsInMyBlood
09-09-2007, 09:17
nice one matey

dmdoss
09-09-2007, 16:13

So the big question now is what am I going to buy with this hard earned post bonus from the lads at Scuba Toys?Dang...I wish all questions were this easy.

When Joe issues you your gift certificate, call him at (877) Scuba Gear (877) 728-2243, and repeat after me: Joe, please apply my gift certificate to Rick Emery's account.

See...easy. And, you'll have that warm, fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for somebody "out there". Ask DallasDiverGirl, Torrey, or Joe; they've met me; they'll tell you I'm a nice guy.

So...go ahead...do it today. You'll feel better tomorrow.

Big V you got the name wrong again. Its David Doss.

Vercingetorix
09-09-2007, 16:14
Big V you got the name wrong again. Its David Doss.Did I stutter???:smilie39:

dmdoss
09-09-2007, 16:18
Big V you got the name wrong again. Its David Doss.Did I stutter???:smilie39:

Ok you can con this one, but I get the next guy!:smilie39:

WV Diver
09-09-2007, 16:20
Ahem, I believe I was the first one in this line. Thank you very much.

Vercingetorix
09-09-2007, 16:22
David, WV Diver,

The next one is all yours.

dmdoss
09-09-2007, 16:27

WV, foregive me. Guess I jumped in a little late.:smiley36: And what does " fluncus " mean? Don't remember that one.

WV Diver
09-09-2007, 16:29

WV, foregive me. Guess I jumped in a little late.:smiley36: And what does " fluncus " mean? Don't remember that one.

Not sure which word it is but the phrase is "If all else fails play dead"

P.S. you're forgiven.

WV Diver
09-09-2007, 16:31
David, WV Diver,

The next one is all yours.Don't try to pull rank on me letterboy. :smiley1:

Vercingetorix
09-09-2007, 16:35
Don't try to pull rank on me letterboy. :smiley1:As a fellow member of Possum Lodge, we are all equal. However, Red Green is more equal than others.

Black-Gorrilla
09-09-2007, 16:36
congrats.
just remember... you are gonna have it shipped to australia (whatever u buy) so buy alot and save on shipping by only shipping it once!!!

Krakenn
09-10-2007, 00:18
Dallasdivergirl said your a big perv but a nice old man. (Poppy)

Hey Pops - You know if there was ever someone I would give my prize to it would be you pal, but at your age Im afraid that it would not be a wise decision as you would not have long to play with it. Therefore I must claim it for moi in the knowledge that as the years go past i will always think of you mate looking down at us from heaven.

God be with you mate and the voucher be with me!

Smiles

Kraks

Vercingetorix
09-10-2007, 08:30
Dallasdivergirl said your a big pervTrue.
but a nice old man. (Poppy)Untrue.

Hey Pops - You know if there was ever someone I would give my prize to it would be you pal, but at your age Im afraid that it would not be a wise decision as you would not have long to play with it.I'll outlive you. Afterall, you could have an "accident". That would be most unfortunate.
Therefore I must claim it for moi in the knowledge that as the years go past i will always think of you mate looking down at us from heaven.Kind of you to assume I'm in heaven. It could be worse...it could be Cleveland.

Charlotte Smith
09-10-2007, 09:00
I haven't had time to spend mine yet but I am sure I will get around to it...I am just dreading what I spend above and beyond the certificate...

greyzen
09-10-2007, 09:09
Rick -

Funny how they always assume the older (not old, just older) dog is always the first to go. My father has always said "I may have got here first, but if you don't watch it... I'll leave here last."

Vercingetorix
09-10-2007, 09:46
Funny how they always assume the older (not old, just older) dog is always the first to go. My father has always said "I may have got here first, but if you don't watch it... I'll leave here last."Well played, sir. I hope Krakenn is listening.

I haven't had time to spend mine yet but I am sure I will get around to it...I am just dreading what I spend above and beyond the certificate...I spent mine renting a second tank and a 7mil FJ from ScubaToys for a dive trip. I also bought two 5-pound weights. All-in-all, pretty boring stuff. Sigh...

And Krakennn...uber congrats on your Grouper-ness. Onto to Barracuda!!!

Disneymom
09-10-2007, 09:48
Congrats, Krakenn, on Grouperdom!

creggur
09-10-2007, 09:52
I've seen you talk about this Kraks. C'mon mate you know you want to.......

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x267/creggur/brigade.jpg

Get the Zeagle!!!!

greyzen
09-10-2007, 10:19
I wanna Zeagle I think...
I again was in a ScubaPro this weekend, it just doesn't wear right to me I don't think :/

Krakenn
09-10-2007, 23:45
Yeah Im thinking backplate but I dont like the look of it. Ill wait a while on that - I might go the VT3 instead as the Cobra is really getting up my nose.

Poor old Verc, you know what its like when the old basturds are senile still think they can run with the wolves.

Prolly only bottle he is on now is the 0xy bottle by his bed!

Im sorry I said that please accept my apologies as I was brought up to respect my seniors. Hey Verc, when you get to Aus Ill take you diving pal and help you across the road mate.

Im just worried about how im going to get the wheelchair down the beach!

Kraks

Vercingetorix
09-11-2007, 01:36
Yeah Im thinking backplate but I dont like the look of it. Ill wait a while on that - I might go the VT3 instead as the Cobra is really getting up my nose.

Poor old Verc, you know what its like when the old basturds are senile still think they can run with the wolves.

Prolly only bottle he is on now is the 0xy bottle by his bed!

Im sorry I said that please accept my apologies as I was brought up to respect my seniors. Hey Verc, when you get to Aus Ill take you diving pal and help you across the road mate.

Im just worried about how im going to get the wheelchair down the beach!

KraksAye, mate. Ya just keep tryin', don't ya? Pathetic, your attempts are.:smilie39:

Krakenn
09-18-2007, 23:49
Hey Verc

Is there any sought of heart monitor around that a buddy should buy if he was diving with older divers (seniors) just to be sure that they are keeping up and ok?

I was thinking maybe there is something that could be developed with some of the new wireless systems on the market?

Kraks

diversteve
09-19-2007, 00:09
Hey Verc

Is there any sought of heart monitor around that a buddy should buy if he was diving with older divers (seniors) just to be sure that they are keeping up and ok?

I was thinking maybe there is something that could be developed with some of the new wireless systems on the market?

KraksWhat a coincidence that you should ask about that. I was just reading about the new Uwatec Galileo computer and it has a heart rate monitor. They also indicate that you can use it with multiple transmitters so possibly it could transmit heart rate monitoring to your buddy's computer - it's unclear.

It's on the Uwatec Europe web site (http://www.scubapro.com/#,en_GB;contenthandler,16857,).

sudnit5
09-19-2007, 01:34
Congrats, I'm not sure what you can buy but if you are feeling generous I have a couple things on my list. Just kidding:smiley36:

Vercingetorix
09-19-2007, 08:26
Ahem, I believe I was the first one in this line. Thank you very much.Well...yes you are first. I missed that the first time, given my limited eyesight and failing memory (as Krakenn might point out)

But then, please consider; you are a young man who will be diving for many years to come. I have but a few short years remaining. Wouldn't it be nice, perhaps respectful, to to give an aging diver that one great memory to take with him to his reward Up There? That takes equipment and dive trips. That $50 will help ease the pain.

...oh hell...I'm just greedy.:smiley36::smiley36:

Concerning Krakenn's continuous abysmal attempts to provoke me, I won't rise to the bait. He's so...so...so...:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

WV Diver
09-19-2007, 08:38
Ahem, I believe I was the first one in this line. Thank you very much.Well...yes you are first. I missed that the first time, given my limited eyesight and failing memory (as Krakenn might point out)

But then, please consider; you are a young man who will be diving for many years to come. I have but a few short years remaining. Wouldn't it be nice, perhaps respectful, to to give an aging diver that one great memory to take with him to his reward Up There? That takes equipment and dive trips. That $50 will help ease the pain.

...oh hell...I'm just greedy.:smiley36::smiley36:

Concerning Krakenn's continuous abysmal attempts to provoke me, I won't rise to the bait. He's so...so...so...:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Well, under these circumstances I would like nothing more than to give you your reward an interfer no more. I always have respect for old farts........I mean my wise and all knowing elders. Granting the wishes of an obviously dying man would give me a great sense of giving back to humanity.

However, I have already spent it. Sorry :smiley32:

reservecops
09-19-2007, 11:10
250 posts -- congrats!

Now send me your gift certificate! :)

chinacat46
09-19-2007, 11:14
Hey Kraks you could send me your gift certificate. I'll be in Oz in a couple of weeks and I could let you touch what I bought with it. :-)

Vercingetorix
09-19-2007, 11:17
Well, under these circumstances I would like nothing more than to give you your reward an interfer no more. I always have respect for old farts........I mean my wise and all knowing elders. Granting the wishes of an obviously dying man would give me a great sense of giving back to humanity.

However, I have already spent it. Sorry :smiley32:Hmmmph!!! Fine. Be THAT way. I hope you enjoyed it.

//excuse while I grab my walker and shuffle to the corner to sulk and eat my rice pudding...

WV Diver
09-19-2007, 13:20
You're a riot Rick. :smiley32: :smiley2:

jo8243
09-19-2007, 13:59
Congrats on 250. I'm still working on mine.

Free post!
:)

crpntr133
09-19-2007, 21:50
One more for the books.

Bill22
09-20-2007, 04:23
Hey congrats Kenn.... just ran across this today. I originally was just planning on buying a new mask with my gift certificates (I saved my $10 gift certificate). I figured I'd be getting the mask almost for free :-)) Ended up with a new mask, fins, pocket snorkel, Dive Alert Plus and various odds and ends :-))

The mask by the way is the XS Scuba MA-280 Gauge Reader Mask... my arms and the hose for my console aren't quite long enough ;-)

Krakenn
09-20-2007, 06:57
Thanks Bill

Kraks

Krakenn
10-02-2007, 07:54
Hmm So I have decided Im going to buy the Top Dawg Video case and gear but my $60 aint going to go far there guys.

Kraks

Bill22
10-02-2007, 17:39
Hmm So I have decided Im going to buy the Top Dawg Video case and gear but my $60 aint going to go far there guys.

Kraks

Same problem I had... I ended up with an order over $350 dollars :-)) You think ScubaToys planned on that? ;-)