PDA

View Full Version : Oriskany???

snagel
09-08-2007, 07:17
Just wondering if anybody from the Midwest has made the trip to the Oriskany? If so, I'd be interested in hearing about your trip. How long was your drive? What Charter did you take? Was it worth the drive? Any other dives you made while down there? Any other thoughts?

We are researching information on making a trip down next year. I got some good information from the local sites, but interested in what those in the midwest have to say.

S. Nagel

Nemrod
09-12-2007, 03:08
I live in the Midwest but I am from the deep South and have spent many times on the Gulf. The Oriskany is an amazing dive as will soon be the Texas Clipper off Padre Island. There is plenty of diving out of Pensecola/Gulf Shores in addition to the Oriskany. It is a long drive, not sure where you live but figure on two days to get there and two to get back.

N

snagel
09-16-2007, 08:45
2 Days - Really? I was under the impression that you could drive to the Oriskany location in about 12 hours. I've heard some groups say they left St. Louis Friday morning driving to the panhandle, dove the oriskany on Sat & Sun and returned to St. Louis Monday.

Is this not true? If so, we need to rethink our trip.

S. Nagel

NitroWill
09-16-2007, 08:50
Well according to google it is 740 mi – about 11 hours 41 mins from St Louis to Pensacola - so it could be done - but thats two long days of driving!