PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss, Zeagle Zena straps too big?

YellowfinKunkfish
09-08-2007, 13:39
When I bought my Zena last April I was 21 pounds heavier than I am now. I bought a med. It seems like lately I have tightened the upper straps up as much as they will go, and it doesn't feel comfortable. It seems like if they would tighten up a bit more, it would be easier to carry my tank, and less strain on my shoulders. Once I get in the water, the straps really ride up a LOT. Can my shoulder straps be swapped out? Or is there something else on the Zena that can be swapped out to make a better fit? I also need to know if this can be done at ScubaToys while we wait, or if I will need to drop it off, and pick it up later. We live about an hour and a half away, and will need to know. We're planning on diving on the 16th, and I was hoping to have it fixed before then.

Zenagirl
09-08-2007, 16:02
Every component on your Zena can be swapped out. The shoulder section, the vest, the front panel, and the bladder. The trick with your weight loss will be to figure out which panels might need to be swapped. If it's just the shoulders, that's the easiest one (IMO) to change. You simply unbuckle the front, pull the velcro section off the inside/back, and swap it out.

If you are wondering if any other sections need to be changed to make it more comfortable, I bet that the guys at ST could refit your BC to you while you're there, swapping pieces out as they go.

creggur
09-08-2007, 16:04
You should probably PM or call Joe and find out the piece you need to replace to fix your "fit" problem.. I would think they could probably replace any part of your BC in a few minutes being the pro's that they are......

Congrats on the weight loss by the way!!!

gtjason2000
09-08-2007, 16:05
definitely let the guys at scubatoys my wife had to get the straps switched out because they gave her the wrong ones and it even took them a while to get it done. So it can be done but can be hard to do.