PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plunge in Boston

Gonnagettanked
06-23-2010, 07:07
Hi all, Just beginning my ow certification classes after years of snorkeling all over the carribean.
Guess it takes some of us longer than others. I just stumbled over this forum and it couldn't have happened at a better time. Been reading along and the little I've read prompted me to join the forum. Ilook forward to many posts and all your help. I'll certainly need all the help I can get.

Gonnagettanked from Boston :smiley31:

Largo
06-24-2010, 10:20
Hi!

I like your username!

Rileybri
06-24-2010, 17:15
Welcome to ST and to diving. There is some great diving to be done in your neck of the woods. I am down there frequently diving with a friend. I will let you know next time we are going out and can show you some nice shore dives on the south shore.

Gonnagettanked
06-25-2010, 05:28
I just got back from a trip with my sisters. We visited Cozumel & Grand Caymen. I had been to both several times, but it was there first. As I said in my first post I've been snorkeling forever and they loved it too being there first time.
My passion is taking pictures or at least trying:smiley1:. My avatar is a recent one from Grnd Cayman off Stingray City. The reefs are so shallow it is a great place to snorkel.
Well to make a long story short. In Cozumel we chartered a boat for one of the days and I requested to snorkel at the Colombia and Palancar reefs. Obviously Palancar was a little disapointing due to the depths.Later at a bar a bunch of divers were at a table near us describing there dive that day and I got diving fever. So here I am all signed up for my OW class.
gonnagettanked in Boston