PDA

View Full Version : New in Pennsylvania

galvanni
06-24-2010, 04:27
Hi y'all,

I'm a new diver - only 6 dives under my belt. I am considering buying my own gear so I came here and now after looking through the gear section - I'm starting to run scared - way too much information, and I think I'm going to need a second mortgage. It took me three months to choose a coffee maker - not sure how paralyzed I'm going to be shopping for scuba gear.

I will be asking a lot of noob questions - so thanks in advance for putting up with it.

navyhmc
06-24-2010, 04:45
Hi y'all,

I'm a new diver - only 6 dives under my belt. I am considering buying my own gear so I came here and now after looking through the gear section - I'm starting to run scared - way too much information, and I think I'm going to need a second mortgage. It took me three months to choose a coffee maker - not sure how paralyzed I'm going to be shopping for scuba gear.

I will be asking a lot of noob questions - so thanks in advance for putting up with it.

Welcome to the forum! A lot of good info here, don't hesitate to ask your questions. Don't worry too much about getting started and the gear. A lot of us are right where you are.

Don't let all the information overwhelm you. Think about what type of diving you're thinking about and go from there. We'll give you good honest answers.

A lot of us have been diving since...well, let me put it this way, some of us knew J.Cousteau personally or when we got to dive sites on a Trireme. :smiley36: ..So we are doing more advanced dives and using more advanced gear and techniques. Don't worry too much about that, ask away-most of us remember what it was like to be a new diver (Well maybe not Splitlip, Chinacat or me...:smiley36:)

Again, welcome!