PDA

View Full Version : Planning on going in OCT

Noob
06-24-2010, 08:51
Can you guys give me some tips. The trip is planned from the 9-16th. Any pointers will be appreciated!!! I'm planning on going with my LDS for an all inclusive deal.

Remember I'm a DDCN diver.

georoc01
06-24-2010, 08:59
Well, if you are going with your LDS on an AI deal (I'm assuming its group travel), your decisions are pretty much made for you. Go and have a great time.

Go into town on Sunday night. No cruise ships on Sundays and everyone celebrates with live music in the square.

Get spoiled by the warm water and the 100 feet vis. Enjoy the drift diving. Be sure to carry an SMB & signalling device just in case. You never know.

Straegen
06-24-2010, 09:16
Don't drink the water unless it is filtered and don't get ice unless the same.

Aigtbootbp
07-17-2010, 01:26
I am from Missouri too and i will be there the same dates. Also going with my LDS (kinda, we will all be there together). Ummm... you wouldn't happen to be in the StL area and staying at the Wyndham would you?
On the off chance we are don't worry, Me and the wife have been there more than a few times and we are going to help out with anything we can.

Noob
07-18-2010, 11:57
I bet we are.

Aigtbootbp
07-18-2010, 13:31
Yep, we are. :)
Some of the things you can expect to see there can be found here.
Things with fins pictures by Aigtbootbp - Photobucket (http://s835.photobucket.com/albums/zz280/Aigtbootbp/Things%20with%20fins/)

Fin
07-25-2010, 05:58
The ice is safe

Fin
07-25-2010, 05:59
Oh...........and you might as well start planning your NEXT trip to Cozumel :)

Noob
07-26-2010, 10:46
Oh...........and you might as well start planning your NEXT trip to Cozumel :)

LOL thats what I'm afraid of.

Aigtbootbp
07-27-2010, 12:45
LOL!
Our next trip will be May next year, then either Sep. or Oct. Of course a check out trip to Isla Mujeres might be tossed in there somewhere too.

Noob, 74 more days :)

Defman
07-27-2010, 13:07
Buy trip insurance, Oct is still (although late) hurricane season and I have had a trip get cancelled. Otherwise, it's pretty good time to go.

Diver Kat
07-27-2010, 13:52
Don't drink the water unless it is filtered and don't get ice unless the same.

Water & ice at restaurants is safe, everybody uses filtered water. However, depending on where you stay, the water from the hotel faucet may not be filtered, so make sure to check. If it's not, they will usually provide jug filtered water, and make sure to use that for brushing your teeth & drinking. Do you know where you're staying?

Sunday night on the Plaza is a must, there is always live music and dancing. It's almost to bad you're going to an AI, as there is so many good restaurants on the island, but maybe next trip!:smiley20:

Noob
07-27-2010, 14:35
Diver Kat we are staying at the Wyndham Cozumel Resort and Spa. I will also get the Trip insurance. That would suck if it got canceled.
I do want to enjoy the night life there. I bet it would be a good experience in itself.
Do they just have poor treatment of the water? I will stick with beer since the water is bad. LOL j/k.

Clernix
07-27-2010, 16:29
I am so hooked on Coz I can't stand it. We just booked a quick jumper for five days. It's our third time this year. If I can give you one tip its go to the other side and enjoy the beach. Get a little cheap car at Less Pay accross from Mega and head over there drive the whole strip stop for drinks at the firsts beach bar as you turn of and make a right as you come off the road from the other side. Its a great beach bar cut out of a friggin Carona add!!

We didn't go untill our last trip and it is amazing beach for miles and no one on it!!!!

Okc_diver
08-23-2010, 00:32
I'll be in Coz in Oct. but it will be at the end on the month 10/30 - 11-06

(second time this year)