PDA

View Full Version : Billboard in Tonopah Nevada

chilly willy
06-29-2010, 19:00
As I was passing through Tonopah Nevada on Sunday I came upon a billboard that hit a funny bone, too bad it's so true, it read;

Will Rogers never met Harry Reid.

There was also an Obama sticker next to Harry's name.:smilie39:

inventor
06-30-2010, 13:33
As I was passing through Tonopah Nevada on Sunday I came upon a billboard that hit a funny bone, too bad it's so true, it read;

And you didn't come by Vegas and give us a holler?:smiley13:

chilly willy
07-01-2010, 18:35

And you didn't come by Vegas and give us a holler?:smiley13:
Actually I blew through without even slowing down on my way to Reno. Next time I'm coming through I'll buy you a cold one!:smiley20:

CWSWine
07-01-2010, 20:47
The Army use to send me on Temporary Duty Assignment (TDY) to Tonopah, Nevada to support visiting VIPs out at the firing range. Then we would fly them back to Vegas so they could leave out of Nellis AFB. Then toward the end we stayed on the strip in Vegas and flew back and forth to Tonopah. Funny thing was there was only one place to get government contract fuel was at one of the bunny ranches (if I remember right is was the Cotton Dale Ranch) north of Vegas. Funny they took government credit cards!!!