PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Lampasas/ Ft.Hood, TX here

My96z
07-04-2010, 22:35
Name is Jeff. Fairly new to diving. My wife and I just completed our open water cert. in May. Been hitting up the local lakes around here (Stillhouse, Travis) and blowing bubbles, and getting some bottom time in. Heading to Cozumel later in the month and I cant wait.

Been stationed at Ft.Hood for the last 7 years. I am originally from Detroit Michigan. When I am off duty I like to fish and play guitar, but latley mostly diving when I can.

Shopping around and slowly aquiring my gear and I read on the boards how great Scuba Toys is. I am really eyeballing thier Zeagle Brigade BCD and I hope to drive the 3 hours to the store and buy one tomorrow!

Look forward to chatting with you all!

Jeff

Diver Kat
07-04-2010, 22:56
Welcome to the addiction Jeff!! Can't beat Coz for a first blue water trip! Happy shopping at ST!!! :smiley20:

My96z
07-04-2010, 23:42
Been there once before doing a PADI scuba diver program and loved it! cant wait to go back. Looks like you just had a trip there. Where did you stay and who was your guide?

Diver Kat
07-05-2010, 08:09
Been there once before doing a PADI scuba diver program and loved it! cant wait to go back. Looks like you just had a trip there. Where did you stay and who was your guide?

We are serious Coz addicts .... I think that was trip #12, and we'll be heading back again in November. These days we always dive with 'Scuba with Alison' - it's a great Op and she's a ton of fun as well. We've become good friends over the 5+ years we've been diving with her. This past trip we actually rented a home in town - Casa Carlita - which was fantastic. Perfect for 2 couples. Most of the time we stay at Fiesta Americana, using an Orbitz discount code to get a hotel/car deal.

Who are you diving with, and where are you staying for your trip?

Beeracuda
07-05-2010, 09:47
Hey Jeff! We were just down your way on Saturday. We stopped by C & J and talked to Chris for a while. I just got certified at Lake Travis Memorial Day weekend.

My96z
07-05-2010, 17:51
Wow Kat. We are actually going with Alison as well and staying at the Fiesta Americana. We did some research on a operator and couldnt find a bad thing with her. She was real quick to answer e-mails as well. We really look forward to going. Any dives you reccomend? We will be down there from 26-30th of this month.

Cool Beeracuda, where do you live when your not hangin out in Killeen? lol

Beeracuda
07-05-2010, 18:37
Cool Beeracuda, where do you live when your not hangin out in Killeen? lol

We live in Lorena, just south of Waco....

Diver Kat
07-05-2010, 22:17
Wow Kat. We are actually going with Alison as well and staying at the Fiesta Americana. We did some research on a operator and couldnt find a bad thing with her. She was real quick to answer e-mails as well. We really look forward to going. Any dives you reccomend? We will be down there from 26-30th of this month.

Other than Alison being a real 'smart a$$':smiley2: and funny as heck, there isn't a bad thing about her! We have the best time with her. As for dives - have her take you to Columbia Shallows, and anywhere on Palancar is great. There's hardly a bad dive on Coz anyway, but my last dive on Columbia Shallows I think lasted around an hour and a half. As for Fiesta Americana - if you're not doing the all-inclusive, you might want to bring a small soft cooler. We pack one in our luggage. FA has ice machines, so we pick up drinks and cold cuts at the grocery store in town which makes for a quick easy lunch after diving.

Let me know how it all goes when you get back, and tell Alison (and Carlos the boat Captain) that Kathy & Alan say Hi!