PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else seeing this?

Splitlip
07-08-2010, 15:53
res://ieframe.dll/red_shield_48.png This website has been reported as unsafe

forum.scubatoys.com

We recommend that you do not continue to this website.

res://ieframe.dll/green_shield.pngGo to my home page instead (javascript:homepagelink.navigateHomePage()) This website has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information.

res://ieframe.dll/up.png (res://ieframe.dll/PhishSite.htm?Threats=16&Block=0&Host=forum.scubatoys.com#) More information (javascript:expandCollapse('infoBlockID', true);)

This website has been reported to contain the following threats: <LI style="DISPLAY: none" id=PhishingThreat name="PhishingThreat">
Malicious software threat: This site contains links to viruses or other software programs that can reveal personal information stored or typed on your computer to malicious persons.
res://ieframe.dll/bullet.pngLearn more about phishing (javascript:makeLearnPhishingURL();) res://ieframe.dll/bullet.pngLearn more about malicious software (javascript:makeLearnMalwareURL();)res://ieframe.dll/bullet.pngReport that this site does not contain threats (javascript:makeReportURL();)res://ieframe.dll/red_shield.pngDisregard and continue (not recommended) (http://forum.scubatoys.com/general-scuba-training-questions/32535-thoughts-e-learning.html)

Diver Kat
07-08-2010, 15:59
:smilie39: Apparently Joe & Larry are trying to scare you off!! :smilie39:

Pandora
07-08-2010, 16:08
I got that today from my office! I reported it as safe but every time I clicked a new thread it would do it again. I am not getting it from the home pc.

Splitlip
07-08-2010, 16:13
Ditto here. Except getting locked out at home. I did open it at the office with no ptoblems.
When post this, it'll be lights out again.

Splitlip
07-08-2010, 16:38
very annoying

Maybe someone can send a PM to Larry.

gstrek
07-08-2010, 16:42
I get the warning from IE8 but not from Firefox. It looks like the Microsoft IE8 Smart Screen Filter is responsible for the warning.

chinacat46
07-08-2010, 17:11
I get it on my Windows 7 machine but not on my XP machine. I also reported the site safe but it may take Larry or Joe to contact them.

navyhmc
07-08-2010, 17:49
I've had no problems at all....

Herbdb
07-08-2010, 17:49
I normally use google chrome on my windows 7 machine and do not get the error. If I switch to Internet Explorer, I get the error. This is definitely a microsoft problem.

TommyB
07-08-2010, 17:59
Looking at it in IE8 and Firefox,
no issues here

Splitlip
07-08-2010, 18:05
I normally use google chrome on my windows 7 machine and do not get the error. If I switch to Internet Explorer, I get the error. This is definitely a microsoft problem.

I tried logging in again with explorer. Same warning. I asked it to ignore, (only view at a time) . I saw your post and logged in with google chrome. Here I am.

My subscribed threads are gone.

Splitlip
07-08-2010, 18:07
in fact recent threads are gone.All I can see are threads which have had the last half dozen posts.

Splitlip
07-08-2010, 18:11
Hope it gets fixed

Okc_diver
07-08-2010, 18:12
Tried to log in on my computer and got the warning. I logged in on my iPhone to type this. I tried it at my work and got that warning earlier today

Pandora
07-08-2010, 18:13
It is an IE problem. When i use Google chrome I don't get the error but when I use IE I get it on the same computer.

Larry is out of the country, maybe someone can contact a moderator and let them know.

Chilly
07-08-2010, 18:16
My Norton Internet Security indicated that it had successfully defended aginst an intrusion from ScubaToys today. :smiley5:

TommyB
07-08-2010, 18:22
My Norton Internet Security indicated that it had successfully defended aginst an intrusion from ScubaToys today. :smiley5:

What was the warning?

Chilly
07-08-2010, 18:26
Something about some java script. What are you guys up to?

Diver Kat
07-08-2010, 21:19
No problems all day from my PC .... using Windows 7 & Firefox.

PlatypusMan
07-08-2010, 22:11
I got it at home in Win 7 and IE8.

Problem does not appear in Firefox 3.05.

Irritating.

PPM

acamato
07-08-2010, 22:36
After I logged in I got the following warning: Exploit:Win32/Pdfjsc.FS

Running Win 7 w/ MS Security Essentials

Kjay
07-09-2010, 00:15
From Google Chrome with AVG i'm getting blocked as well, says "Exploit MDAC ActiveX Code Execution (type 168)

Great big THREAT WAS BLOCKED!

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-014: Vulnerability in the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) Function Could Allow Code Execution (911562) (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-014.mspx)

TommyB
07-09-2010, 03:03
Something about some java script. What are you guys up to?

That does not help much :)
We guys are not up to anything, hench the reason for asking what the error was. If you could provide a few more details that would be great.

Thanks

brandon
07-09-2010, 03:37
I'm getting it with Avast. I reported it as a likely false positive for further examination... if you have options to do so with whatever you're using, it'll help get it off the definitions list faster =)

-B

Noob
07-09-2010, 08:25
I get the warning from IE8 but not from Firefox. It looks like the Microsoft IE8 Smart Screen Filter is responsible for the warning.

I see the problem with this issue. IE whatever # they are up too. Switch to firefox and you will be golden. Plus you will have less chance of viruses since most only effect IE.

Fire fox has this handy download of advertise blocker and on some forums you can go through and block every popup or advertisement to make it run faster. Get rid of IE.

Don Wray
07-09-2010, 09:35
From Google Chrome with AVG i'm getting blocked as well, says "Exploit MDAC ActiveX Code Execution (type 168)

Great big THREAT WAS BLOCKED!

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-014: Vulnerability in the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) Function Could Allow Code Execution (911562) (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-014.mspx)

This is the warning I'm getting also...I had to turn off surf scan in AVG to log in, but I'm still getting the warnings in both IE8 and Firefox

gNats
07-09-2010, 10:19
I am seeing this with AVG.

PTAaron
07-09-2010, 12:11
I'm not getting the errors, but on my forum we had a hacker attack through a hole in the vBulletin software that we hadn't updated in a while and inserted a link that ended up replacing the top line on each of the php pages in the directory.
People were getting the same types of errors when it happened. My computer here at work kept catching a virus at work on certain pages.

Tommy -try checking the directory and see when the forum files were last updated. For us they had all been "updated" within the week before the problems started, and it wasn't done by either of the admins. We basically just had to do a clean install of the software - and at the same time we upgraded to the newest version of vBulletin.

Pandora
07-09-2010, 15:29
Now the forum is blocked from my office. I may get more work done now.

chilly willy
07-09-2010, 15:58
Blocking me too, using IE8, same issues as above. I'm going to take a break for a bit and see if it gets cleared up.
TTFN

TommyB
07-09-2010, 18:59
Issue Fixed.
Forums upgraded to the newest release.!

navyhmc
07-09-2010, 19:08
But it looks so ... ... ...weird now....

chinacat46
07-09-2010, 19:27

+1 definitely looks different but at least no more warnings.

TommyB
07-09-2010, 19:29

Oh well, can not have your cake and eat it too :)

Just got the new software installed, jeeze how about a little slack here..
Going to have to wait on Larry to get back, making it "purdy" is larry's gig.

AND YES,
I know that flashchat is missing + a lot of other goodies I installed over the years.
Some of them may return, some may not due to the way the new VB is coded.

navyhmc
07-09-2010, 19:34
I'm sorry Tommy...But I want it NOW!!! I can't help it, I'm a ST addict!!!

I do notice that atricles posted in the "vbs comments" forum show on the new threads but when I try to access them I get "Sorry, you do not have permission to access this page." Is it a conspiracy or "That's because you can't go there-ever!" :smiley36:

TommyB
07-09-2010, 19:47
I'm sorry Tommy...But I want it NOW!!! I can't help it, I'm a ST addict!!!

I do notice that atricles posted in the "vbs comments" forum show on the new threads but when I try to access them I get "Sorry, you do not have permission to access this page." Is it a conspiracy or "That's because you can't go there-ever!" :smiley36:

Hmmm,
it's one of those, "can not get there from here" deals..

I'll fix that here in a sec-

chinacat46
07-09-2010, 19:59
Yeah you can read those but you have to go to the home page you can't do it from the new threads.

TommyB
07-09-2010, 20:02
this is closed -
New Topic on Forum Upgrade will be made