PDA

View Full Version : South Padre Dives

My96z
07-08-2010, 20:00
THinking about going down to South Padre over the Labor day weekend and doing a day or two of diving.

What are some good reccomended dives down there? Good motel to stay at? What about a dive operator?

Just trying to get some solid info from people who have been down there before.

Thanks!

Jeff

Beeracuda
07-09-2010, 10:28
I've never been diving there, but American Diving has trips to the Texas Clipper and some oil rigs.

We stayed at the Surf Motel...old, cheap and on the beach. It was definitely not fancy but the only time we spent in the room was to sleep and cook breakfast. We got the kitchenette.

My96z
08-01-2010, 16:30
So I booked a "Tons of Steel" trip with American Divers. Anyone have any more reccomendations for the trip? Curious as to any hindsight from people who have done the trip before might have.

I will look into the Surf Motel Beercuda.

Soonerwink
05-20-2011, 21:19
Thinking of heading to South Padre in a couple of weeks. Planning on diving the "Tons of Steel", looking for dive report to find out if the trip is worth it? Another option is Pensacola area. I see a lot of reports for Pensacola, but have never seen one for South Padre.

Soonerwink
05-21-2011, 16:36
Called American Diving to book a trip to the Texas Clipper on Tuesday June 7. They will only go out during the week if they can get 6 divers to go. If anyone is interested give them a call, we have 2 right now. It is 175.00 for a two tank trip on the Texas Clipper.