PDA

View Full Version : SeaDoo Help

james.earnhardt
09-09-2007, 10:34
I know this is a dive site but I was hoping we had a few gear heads in here. I have a 95 SeaDoo XP that is blowing a lot of smoke from the exhaust, white smoke in and out of the water. Didn't do it at all last year but this year it started. Kind of funny looking when you are pulling away from the dock and a big plume of smoke follows you and clouds everyone else. Thanks for the help.

P.S

1995 SeaDoo XP
2 Stroke

TAH 73
09-09-2007, 10:46
Possible crack in the exhaust manifold, or if it has a slight bluish tint oil.
If you start it on the trailer after it as been out of the water for a while and it still smokes, my guess would be oil.

james.earnhardt
09-09-2007, 11:22
Yeah on the trailer when I flush the craft it smokes really bad. In the water I thought it would go away but it doesn't. I was reading in the trouble shooting section that it may be a head gasket or valve guide seals. I really don't want to think that yet but you never know.

ScubaToys Larry
09-09-2007, 11:24
Never played with those... but worked on a fair number of cars in my day... and white smoke = water... blue smoke = oil, is where we always started...

Kidder
09-09-2007, 11:44
Seadoo of that age and engine are not known for their longevity if they have been rode hard. How many hours are on the engine?

dmdoss
09-09-2007, 16:10
First guess would be gasket. Is it a two or four stroke? If two, then is it oil injected or pre-mix?