PDA

View Full Version : Stockton Lake

maverick
07-14-2010, 12:25
Has anyone been 2 Stockton Lake? Would like 2 find out how the vis is.

snagel
07-14-2010, 16:19
I've dove Stockton several times (not lately). I've only been there once where the viz was fabulous 20+ range. All the other times 2-3 feet. We typically dive on the east end of the bridge...pull off road and down to the shore. Nice rock formations and fairly easy in and out.

If you make a trip, let us know how it is.

Snagel

Lone Frogman
09-14-2010, 03:43
Whats the conditions of the lake in early October. Temp, viz? I'm going to be in the area and wandering if I should carry my gear.
Anybody up for a dive or giving me the grand tour underwater. Any other dive spots close by.

snagel
09-14-2010, 05:36
If you go to www.midwestmuckdiving.com (http://www.midwestmuckdiving.com) and click on the "GPS Dive Locations" tab. Scroll down, I'm thinking it might be the last page, has some information on dive spots on Stockton Lake. Don't have any updates on the current viz or temps. I would say if you are in the area, try it out. Stockton is very hit and miss with conditions.

The only other areas close to Stockton to dive are Table Rock Lake and Oronogo. Both would be about an hour drive from Stockton...Table Rock I'm thinking might be a little closer than Oronogo. Both are great dives. Again, check out the site listed above for current conditions at those areas.

Snagel

Lone Frogman
09-14-2010, 12:53
Thanks for the link.

Noob
09-14-2010, 13:12
I might be able to find out about temps but just look at T rock or LOZ the temps should be real close.

Lone Frogman
10-06-2010, 05:03
Going to be in Stockton Oct 11th and 12th.