PDA

View Full Version : A Question.

firemedic8082
09-09-2007, 18:18
I recently purchased a Mares R2 Rebel Regulator and a Rebel Octopus. I just found out that I should have received plastic warranty cards with both items but did not receive one with either. Only the warranty card to be mailed in and the annual service log and manuals were received. Just wandering why?:smiley13:

finflippers
09-09-2007, 18:28
Did you order it from Scuba Toys? If so then drop Larry a PM and ask him about it.

mm_dm
09-09-2007, 18:40
Usually you get the cards at the time of purchase, after you fill out the warranty info. Where did you buy them?

firemedic8082
09-10-2007, 22:19
I bought them both from scubatoys.com, I just pm'd Larry. Thanks for the help.

coralcrazed
09-13-2007, 20:55
what was the outcome... jut wondering.

ScubaToys Larry
09-13-2007, 21:02
The end of the story is that Mares is no longer doing the plastic cards on their products. They used to come with a plastic credit card looking thing, and a warranty card that was supposed to be mailed... to Italy!?

So now in the US, they are switching all that over, and all you need is proof of purchase from an authorized dealer. It turns out so many people would lose the card, and if need warranty work... what would they do... say No?!

So they decided, why bother go through it! There is a transition right now where some products still have them, and then some newer products don't. Just depends on where in the cross over system that product fell.

So the long and short of it is, you don't need the cards - and they mean nothing anymore, so they are not using them.

And if you have a mares that you got before - you really don't have to keep the card either. The warranty is good only to the original purchaser, so what does the card mean? If you sell the reg - and give someone the card do they still have the warranty?? No. So it's really just proof of purchase they are after now.

Bring the Payne
09-16-2007, 20:06
Ah, so that would explain why I got a card with my Mares BC but not the reg. Thanks for clearing that up!

mrbheagney
08-31-2008, 20:43
How do you rate the regs?

firemedic8082
09-08-2008, 21:18
For the price you cant beat the performance. While it is definately not the most expensive or smoothest breathing reg it gets the job done with no problems. Ive had it down to about 70 feet and while it wasnt as smooth as an AL Titan Ive used the difference wasnt very noticable.