PDA

View Full Version : I was right and hubby was wrong!!!

ixrayu
09-09-2007, 21:08
As some of you may know, I have complained and complained about my stupid mask since I bought it and took classes in July. It floods, it rides up on my face, it uncovers my nostrils, once you clear it you have to clear it every 3 seconds, etc... NO ONE has listened to me that it leaks and doesn't fit right except for one instructor who is female and the instructor who did my check out dives and told my hubby to check my mask.
Well, at Martha's Quarry today, I finally convinced Gary(hubby) to try to my mask. After he made the comment that something just did not look right the deeper I went with the mask. Then I almost had a heart attack. Words I never thought would come out of his mouth did " You are right honey. There is something wrong with this friggin' mask." HA! I've been telling everybody that all along. So Evan ( my 17 year old) let me use his mask for a little while (which worked) while he floated and swam around to see if it would work. Just wanted to share.

picxie
09-09-2007, 21:21
Hehehe isn't it great when you're right and *they're* wrong!! Hopefully a new mask is in the cards now??

Charlotte Smith
09-09-2007, 21:23
That is a once in a lifetime thing girl! Women are NEVER right don't you know that? Glad you finally convinced him though its no fun to be miserable with a part of your gear!

diverdad
09-09-2007, 21:24
it must be a shock to his system:smilie39:. you should have reminded him of the 2 rules for marriage.

rule 1) the wife is allways right.
rule 2) if the wife is wrong refer to rule 1.

ixrayu
09-09-2007, 21:28
We have been married 12 years, together 15 years! You would think he would know the 2 rules of marriage.
Picxie - I don't know about a new mask. Evan said I can have his. It's just a year old if I buy him a new one! So I'm thinking about taking his since I know it fits.

Osprey
09-09-2007, 23:39
If only you could have recorded that!! LOL

Krakenn
09-10-2007, 05:05
This post has to be a typo

Kraks

cgvmer
09-10-2007, 06:02
Sounds like your hubby did the classic trick: Agree because it's easier than arguing bit....yeah yeah your mask don't work, just buy a new one so I don't have to hear you complaining anymore. So now you know he has a 3month capacity to hear complaining.

YellowfinKunkfish
09-10-2007, 07:02
I had the same problem with my mask, I finally convinced him I needed a new one. But, he still won't admit that it was a leaky mask,he says that if I wore my old mask now it would probably work fine, it was just nerves and being new. :smiley29:

I've tried to get him to try it out for himself, but he won't because it's pink.

Men.

Rhonda:smiley2:

creggur
09-10-2007, 07:17
:smilie39: You're husband was wrong.....Oh what a hoot....We all know that doesn't happen.... Ohhh that was a good one....:smilie39:

JK
Cregs

Zenagirl
09-10-2007, 07:32
Next time throw the ill fitting mask at the husband and buy a new one.....the first time you notice it doesn't fit right. :D

wxboy911
09-10-2007, 07:44
Why bother your husband with the details of the ill fitting mask...I say just go get the one you want and tell him about it after you find out it fits. Never complain just go fix the problem-as for admitting he was wrong I think he may be the one to purchase the new mask.

Vercingetorix
09-10-2007, 08:19
<SARCASM>
First, I want to severely complain that THIS post is in the wrong forum. This belongs in Women's Issues. Why should we men be bothered with this?
</SARCASM>

Why bother your husband with the details of the ill fitting mask...I say just go get the one you want and tell him about it after you find out it fits. Never complain just go fix the problem.The simple solution. This is what my wife would have done.

diving4fun
09-10-2007, 08:19
Or maybe he just wanted a new mask for himself, and figured this would give him a good excuse to get it..... maybe I'll have to try this ploy myself :).

dallasdivergirl
09-10-2007, 09:38
Comments like this remind me of why I am not married!:smiley36: I don't have to tell any one what is wrong. I just gotta go take care of it myself.

What if the mask had been on the other face? I bet she would have heard something about that one!:smiley20:

[quote=Vercingetorix;48813]<SARCASM>
First, I want to severely complain that THIS post is in the wrong forum. This belongs in Women's Issues. Why should we men be bothered with this?
</SARCASM>

I had a mask that only leaks when I am diving. it's now the pool mask.

frankc420
09-10-2007, 09:42
I'm confused by this thread... The way I'm reading this is... he admitted the mask had a problem, did he ever say it didn't?

If you knew the mask had issues, why didn't you go buy a new one or take it to the LDS and have them see if they could fix it? Men aren't the only ones allowed into a diveshop you know :P

Capt Hook
09-10-2007, 09:48
You sound like my wife; every time I say "you're right" she wants to note the date!

ixrayu
09-10-2007, 20:36
Frank my husband did say for a month now that nothing was wrong with the mask until he tried it and Evan tried it. Of course it took me over a month to convince them to try it and the guys at the dive shop don't listen to me! Makes me feel like I'm working back in the O.R.
I did take it back to the lds several times and was told I was just nervous. But for some magic reason when hubby goes back with me today and tells the manager (who is a guy and was my classroom instructor and kept saying nothing was worng with the mask) the mask is bad. The manager agreed the mask is bad, manufacturers defect and I got a mask like Evan's except with flowers all over it instead of black. So I did try to solve it myself. BTW I'm not buying anything else from this lds since my word wasn't good enough.
Anyone know how far Scuba Toys is from northeast AL? I need a BC and reg

Liv7301
09-10-2007, 22:57
First thing you need to do is never shop there again because apparently its full of sexist jerks.

Next, fully document the event of your husband admitting his terrible oversight and wrong-doing, and then laminate it for future reference :smiley1:

Vercingetorix
09-11-2007, 02:10
First thing you need to do is never shop there again because apparently its full of sexist jerks.Roger that!!!

Next, fully document the event of your husband admitting his terrible oversight and wrong-doing, and then laminate it for future reference Oh behave!!!

Liv, I'm going to be one of the assistants during your Rescue class on Sunday. That little remark of yours may buy you a whole lotta grief.:smilie39:

cummings66
09-11-2007, 11:42
rule 1) the wife is allways right.
rule 2) if the wife is wrong refer to rule 1.

That's pretty much what most men know as how to get along successully with the other species. Most of us just accept that we're wrong from the git go and it works out well for us.

Now this Husband must not have read his care and feeding manual well or he'd have said, "Yes Dear, we'll get another mask for you to try out." That is the proper male responce we've learned from youth.

I'm also a bit upset about your dive shop, if a person says something doesn't work then you must accept that it doesn't. Not every mask works for every person, that's why you try on several until you get a good fit. There might not be anything wrong with the mask, it could be you just needed a different size or shape. Just because a mask stays on above water doesn't mean it won't leak under water. You've really got to dive with it to know if it's working.