PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Atomic Aquatics

Soonerwink
09-09-2007, 21:57
I recently purchase an Atomic Subframe Mask. This is my 5th mask, and the most expensive mask I have purchased. It is also the most comfortable mask I have worn. I purchased mostly because of their lifetime warranty. The other mask I had a Cressi Sub Matrix, developed some small cracks on the frame around the lenses and started leaking. I had made about 50 dives with it. When I got the Atomic mask I scubbed it twice with Sea Buff and toothpaste, but it still continued to fog. I scrubbed it again with the same thing and even tried Dawn dish soap. The fogging problem didn't get any better, so I even ran it and the case through a cycle in my dishwasher and it still fogged. I contacted Atomic Aquatics and they had me send the mask to them to check it out. They even supplied me with a UPS shipping number so I would not have to pay for shipping. They got the mask 2 days later and called to tell me they dissenfected mask with alcohol and sonic cleaned it (whatever that means). I received the mask a couple of days later and checked it out. No more fogging. Just wish all manufacters had this good of customer service. Next dive the Flower Gardens with a mask that I think I will come to love. Thanks Darcy with Atomic Aquatics for your personnel service.

Bill22
09-14-2007, 00:49
That is their rep.... they have some of the most expensive products on the market but they also seem to fully back those products with really great customer service.

Soonerwink
09-14-2007, 09:29
Great customer service is very important to me when purchasing dive gear. I don't mind spending a little more knowing if I have any problems or concerns it will be taken care of. I suppose that is why they do their best to limit online sales, it makes it easier to control their customer service.

TheBlue1
09-14-2007, 10:40
Customer Service is a huge aspect of sales - isn't that why a lot of us are here at ScubaToys?

Soonerwink
09-14-2007, 12:09
Customer Service is a huge aspect of sales - isn't that why a lot of us are here at ScubaToys?

Thats it exactly, I'm new to ST, but because of their reputation they are now my LDS even though I have never been to their store. I will be going through Dallas next week on my way to and from a Flower Garden trip, I'm hoping to be able to stop by if there is time.

ls1mtz
09-27-2007, 14:10
Atomic is very good with customer service. I also have a subframe mask and the metal pins holding the strap to the buckle kept sliding out. I PMed Darcy and she offered me to send in the mask and they would replace the parts and get it back no problem. I was too impatient though and fixed it myself. I wish I would have bought the frameless instead of the subframe though, it pushes on the bridge of my nose.

Soonerwink
09-27-2007, 17:08
I used my subframe last week on a Flower Garden trip, and it leaves a little indention between my eyebrows from the recessed screw on the frame. It is extremely low volume. I had no fogging problems at all. I have never dove a frameless mask before. I also would like to try one out.

monarch11180
10-02-2007, 13:29
never seen a frameless mask.. i will have to look out for one of them! And good to know about atomic! Good customer service like that is hard to come by these days!

caroln
10-02-2007, 17:57
A lot of people seem to have fogging issues with the atomic masks at first (me included), but they are great masks once you get past that. The best defogger by far that I've found for these masks is Sea Gold. I never have any fogging issues when I use that, even when I'm doing multiple mask removal and replacement drills.

Bill22
10-02-2007, 18:11
A lot of people seem to have fogging issues with the atomic masks at first (me included), but they are great masks once you get past that. The best defogger by far that I've found for these masks is Sea Gold. I never have any fogging issues when I use that, even when I'm doing multiple mask removal and replacement drills.

Wrong thread probably (I think there was another thread somewhere else on this subject), but I agree with you that Sea Gold is really good stuff. One application will last me all day. An application is "one" drop that I use to coat both lenses :-) I know spit is cheaper, but Sea Gold is better ;-)

Soonerwink
10-02-2007, 21:49
I also use Sea Gold. With the 10.00 gift cert. I receivee from ST I purchased a bottle of Sea Gold and PSI 500. I tested them on a 3 day trip to the Flower Gardens. The Sea Gold won hands down. Now I have a bottle of PSI 500 I let my dive buddies borrow on our dives.