PDA

View Full Version : help?

chewyjr15
09-09-2007, 22:45
so i have an oceanic 100NX read the instructions, but still i am confused about just about everything. Does its tables adjust for the next dive after a first dive, when i activate it out of the water than go udner water in my pool int Timer doesnt reset so its not my True dive time is it?

ChrisA
09-10-2007, 00:16
so i have an oceanic 100NX read the instructions, but still i am confused about just about everything. Does its tables adjust for the next dive after a first dive, when i activate it out of the water than go udner water in my pool int Timer doesnt reset so its not my True dive time is it?

I don't know about the 100NX. but ALL computers "remember" you last dives for at least 24 hours and computer your remaining NDL based on your last bunch of dives. Typically you can't see this directly

The pool is likely so shallow that you have unlimited NDL. Toss the computer in the deep end for three hours and it may still read "99" on the NDL display.

The computer will never match your dive tables. Each computer uses a slightly different method that is supposed to be better than the others. For example, Oceanics tend togive you a little more bottom time then some other brands.

thesmoothdome
09-10-2007, 08:28
How deep was the pool Chewy? One the surface, the computer is tracking your surface interval. Once you drop down, the computer senses the water pressure and begins tracking your NDL. Most computers usually takes a 4-5 feet before it'll make the switch, sometimes a few feet deeper.

chewyjr15
09-10-2007, 09:32
12 feet but i didnt go that deep i was in the shallow end

creggur
09-10-2007, 09:57
Yeah, my Veo180 won't start tracking a dive in my pool...6' is the deepest part of mine...Gotta get just below that for it to work.

Also what you read in the instructions will clear up real quick when you see it in action on a dive!!!

Enjoy the new stuff!!