PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about Lake Norfork

Godfather1138
08-05-2010, 14:33
I'm planning on heading over to Lake Norfork for the day Saturday, and am tossing around the idea of renting a boat for the day. I have never been there so my dive buddy and i were just going to do the bluffs shore dive to check the lake out, but if a few people are interested in joining us and chipping in on a boat I would be interested in bringing the GPS and checking out a few of the actual dive sites.

Being that I still don't have a wetsuit that fits I won't be diving very deep, but report from Jordan Marina today was 90 surface and 77 at 40' so there is plenty of sites we could hit and stay very comfortable.

So, who's in for a last min trip to Norfork?

snagel
08-05-2010, 16:55
Ah man, we are heading down Saturday for a week long family get-together around Norfork. We are hoping to be diving Norfork most of next week, but not Saturday since we will be driving down that day.

Please post on the conditions and such if you have time. Denise at Jordan Marina and I have been trading emails for the last couple weeks. She seems like a very nice person. I'm hoping it's better than the 9' viz they are saying on their website.

Snagel

Godfather1138
08-05-2010, 17:10
She told me today that it is about 12' down to the thermo then it stays a little cloudy till you get close to 50' when it clears up real nice.

Godfather1138
08-10-2010, 12:13
Well this didn't work out for me this weekend, but might give it another go this Saturday if anyone is interested. They have rental boats starting at $125 for 12hr (7a-7p) so I'm sure we could make this work for pretty cheap. I'll be looking to hit the dive sites that stay more in the warmer water as I am still without a suit, but am open to what sites we hit, and even open to stay on the surface while some people hit a deep site.

If we do this I will probably head that way after work Friday and camp at the lake so I can get an early start on Saturday.