PDA

View Full Version : Snagel gets it right! (Actually, he gets a lot of things right.)

MrsSnagel
08-06-2010, 06:39
I'm really excited! The husband bought me the DC1200 Sealife digital underwater camera elite kit (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=SealifeDC1200EliteKit) (purchased from Scuba Toys)! It's very, very cool. So far, I've only used it for land shots, but we're going to Norfork lake this coming week and I can't wait to see how it works underwater.

I've been hinting for a couple of weeks that I wanted it. Subtle and not so subtle emails to him, talking about it, etc. And he took the hint!

So, job well done, honey! :smiley32:

Renee

fab50diver
08-06-2010, 06:59
Don't you just love it when they DO get it right?? Looking forward to a report and pictures.

Rileybri
08-06-2010, 07:12
You let him know the men hear are less then thrilled with him setting the bar so high for the rest of us!

scubastud
08-06-2010, 07:13
I want that camera, the piano key buttons really look neat, I like simple easy compact , not a pro, just want to be able to take pictures good enough to share with friends/family.
Please post pictures here and your comments on the camera!

Noob
08-06-2010, 07:46
I want that camera, the piano key buttons really look neat, I like simple easy compact , not a pro, just want to be able to take pictures good enough to share with friends/family.
Please post pictures here and your comments on the camera!

Mr Snagel sure doesnt help us lower life forms out. LOL
I agree, Please let me know how you like that camera. I want to take better pictures but nothing real professional just quality. That is the exact camera I'm looking at.

Congrats to the new camera!!!

MrsSnagel
08-06-2010, 09:34
Fab - I do LOVE it when he gets it right! LOL. And like, I said, he gets it right most of the time.

Riley - It sounds you need to to step it up! *grin* If this pushes you in the right direction, then my work here is done.

Scubastud - I know, right? I really love the big buttons on the underwater housing, makes every thing so much easier. The filter options are pretty awesome as well. And being able to take it out of the housing, and just carry it as a compact camera (which fits nicely into my purse), makes the above water touristy pictures easy as well. I have a Canon Rebel EOS, and I love it, but it's a lot of camera to pack around when you just want to take a few snapshots.

Noob - I will definitely let you all know how it goes (and if the camera is worth it). I have a feeling I'm going to love it!

Thanks everyone! I'll be posting pictures from the new camera next week (or sooner, if I get bored in the evenings. *grin*)

snagel
08-07-2010, 06:15
For all of you that have posted on the "My Spouse Does Not Dive" Thread......

Well, I can tell you when your spouse does dive....It's dang expensive. In the last month we have spent, spent, and then spent more.....training classes, dive trips, all new gear, new camera, and purchased our trip to Fantasy Island in Oct. I should have bought stock in ScubaToys before this adventure. Even with all this, it's totally awesome that my better half has finally seen the light. She is totally stoked about the diving now. What got her going is the wanting to take pictures; so, with her birthday coming up it only seemed right that she have something that fit what she wanted to do and not my old hand-me-down ReefMaster.

We are heading down to Norfork Lake for a week of diving and I'm sure she will be posting some pic's. We'll or rather she will give everybody an update on the camera and how it works. There definately seems to be a lot of interest in this camera for the price...and the best is you get a discount with ScubaToys which helps with the price of the camera (shameless plug for Joe and Larry).

Snagel

ScottW
08-07-2010, 20:14
Three out of my five digi photo students showed up in Cozumel with DC1200's. It will take some great photos.
One feature that I liked was a simple button push and you're in video mode.