PDA

View Full Version : New Out of the Box Ikelite Dive Light

TwistedSister209
08-06-2010, 18:41
It doesn't work! My new Ikelite PCm Dive light
Yep, changed batteries. Put back all the pieces correctly. And because I'm blond, I had the hubby redo it. He couldn't get it to work. I call Ikelite, and they're closed.
Got as a gift and I can't take it back to that shop.
Any suggestions?
Wait until Monday and call Ikelite?

Admit that my 'friend' isn't?

Stop whining and have a refreshing beverage as everything will be better in the morning?

Rileybri
08-06-2010, 18:44
My princeton tec light had a small protective piece of cardboard in the battery compartment by the light bulb that I did not find until many frustrating attempts to use it. CHeck for something similar?

TwistedSister209
08-06-2010, 18:54
Ohh...thanks! I will do that right now!

No cardboard. I think it is the bulb. I will try replacing it.

FoxHound
08-06-2010, 23:49
Refreshing beverages are always a good plan

Try the bulb, if not id ask the shop and see what they can do....chances are its either the bulb or the switch....unless you were lucky enough to have 2 sets of dead batteries haha

alpha
08-07-2010, 15:05
My princeton tec light had a small protective piece of cardboard in the battery compartment by the light bulb that I did not find until many frustrating attempts to use it. CHeck for something similar?

Agree, most probably a break in circuit. Make sure a loop of current goes from bulb thru batteries (make 100% sure you have them in the correct direction) to clip/spring/etc and switch is on or screwed in tight enough for contact. Plastic pieces as well as cardboard, etc. often used when manufactured. The bulb and then switch would probably be next to check.
I do not have that particular light.

A lot of the lights using 4 aa batteries have 2 batteries in one direction and 2 in the opposite direction in the lower section for it to be able to light up.
Example:::http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=IkelitePCLiteLed

TwistedSister209
08-07-2010, 15:09
Thanks, Foxhound and Alpha!!