PDA

View Full Version : Clear Sprngs 8/20

russp
08-18-2010, 08:14
Gonna hit Clear Springs this Friday around 10 or 11 in the morning, just in the mood to burn a couple of tanks of air. If anyone else is out there, look for the little guy with the Elvis Costello glasses, gray Ford Ranger and the orange BCD.

DevilDiver
08-18-2010, 09:21
Fridays are great at CSSP, wish I could make it but not this Friday......

Orange?

You must have got one of the "Mexican Coast Gaurd BC's" from ST when they had them.... I have a buddy that has one as well, he says it's an extra saftey measure, not sure about that but it's a tough BC.

If you plan another trip out there shoot me a PM.

russp
08-18-2010, 10:06
The BCD is a RipTide Zone, is that the one nicknamed "Mexican Coast Guard BC"? The color and reflective shoulder straps didn't bother me and the fact it came in a medium/small made the the best fitting one I could find. It's turned out to be very reliable and useful as far as rings, straps and pockets.

I like Friday's at the lake also, very few folks around so can just wonder around and look at the scenery without running through a class or can practice specific skills without looking for an empty platform.

DevilDiver
08-18-2010, 10:27
:smiley36:

Yes...

ST took an order for those to be made in orange from the Mexican Coast Gaurd or Navy, it fell through so they had like 200 of them and they sold them off for a really good price.

I think the origional black version goes for $500+ :smiley5:

Let me know if you make plans for another Friday..... :smiley20:

PlatypusMan
08-18-2010, 16:48
Darn--I'm at CSSP with a class Saturday and Sunday, so I'll be missing you guys....

PPM

waytooslow
08-18-2010, 18:43
I might be game if I can get off..

russp
08-20-2010, 21:15
Got out there early today and made a couple of dives. Temp was around 85 above 20' but viz was maybe 10' because of algae. Below 20', viz became 15 or 20' but the temp dropped to right about 70, maybe a little less. Actually ran across one large group of divers, unusual for a Friday but there was the usual batch of small groups and lone divers.

It still surprises me that even after a couple dozen dives here, I still run across something new just about everytime I dive. This time it was some cool rock formations on the end of the lake not too far from Sisco the shark.

Pandora
08-20-2010, 21:34
Thanks for the info! I guess a full suit is in order again! Love getting into that when it is 105...

russp
08-20-2010, 21:58
I had a 2/3mm shorty on, great above 20', tolerable to about 25'; then it got a little chilly.