PDA

View Full Version : Driods / Iphones

cam
09-02-2010, 13:37
It would be nice if you could provide a forum theme that's optimized for mobile devices...

TommyB
09-02-2010, 14:35
It would be nice if you could provide a forum theme that's optimized for mobile devices...
If and when the template makers or vbulletin makes a mobile app skin we'd be more then happy to use it.

navyhmc
09-02-2010, 15:20
What's an i-phone????

FFDiver
09-02-2010, 16:04
My droid works good and have even posted with it.

Chilly
09-02-2010, 18:21
My droid works good and have even posted with it.

Does your Droid display the Forum sideways when the phone is sideways? My wife's iPhone does not.

FFDiver
09-02-2010, 19:23
Does your Droid display the Forum sideways when the phone is sideways? My wife's iPhone does not.

Yes is does so it works pretty good for viewing the web and you can expand the screen just like the iphone. I thought the iphone would rotate sideways when viewing.

TommyB
09-02-2010, 19:50
Yes is does so it works pretty good for viewing the web and you can expand the screen just like the iphone. I thought the iphone would rotate sideways when viewing.
Iphone will.
That's what I use, it will display horizontal or vertical. And zoom / stretch, shrink etc.

Bigg_Budd
09-02-2010, 20:04
i use the iphone to view/post, regularly.

tommy - why not make available via tapatalk? just curious...

ScubaToys Larry
09-02-2010, 20:27
It's because of the security holes it taptalk

Chilly
09-02-2010, 22:49
Iphone will.
That's what I use, it will display horizontal or vertical. And zoom / stretch, shrink etc.

My wife's iPhone does not. Must be defective...

Diver Kat
09-02-2010, 23:16
My wife's iPhone does not. Must be defective... User error :smiley36: .... mine works sideways just fine!

cam
09-03-2010, 09:13
Weird, unless the forum moderator moved my post, this was supposed to be a reply to a previous thread...fyi. No big deal though.

TommyB
09-03-2010, 09:15
I moved it.
Had no bearing on the other question, eg "why is my IP blocked". So to keep from "Muddying the Waters"
I made a new topic for ya :)

below sea level
09-03-2010, 09:20

What is the OS version on your wife's phone? The earlier versions of Mobile Safari didn't rotate like other apps.

cam
09-03-2010, 09:23
Thanks, and I aplogize for my ADD. :)

DivingCRNA
09-03-2010, 09:36

My iPhone does all of that with the SCUBAtoys forum. Are her settings screwed up?

BSea
09-03-2010, 12:02
If I'm reading the forum on a trip, and my battery gets low, I can switch it out with a spare. Let's see an I-phone do that.

Not really an I-phone hater. More of a general dislike. :)

I kinda feel apple is becoming the new Microsoft.

below sea level
09-03-2010, 12:23
I kinda feel apple is becoming the new Microsoft.

They're on the way there, but Google is first in line.

Straegen
09-03-2010, 13:13
OT here I come. Apple is becoming the old Apple. Closed hardware, closed software and aggressively defending it. Google being an open architecture is very much like Microsoft in the 80s and 90s in a very good way. Apple once dominated consumer desktops but lack of open architecture condemned them to a niche market and they are repeating the cycle with the iPhone. They may have great ideas (or at least great ones they "borrow" from other companies) and can really pioneer a market, but they have routinely limited their marketshare with some questionable decisions.

ScubaToys Larry
09-03-2010, 14:23
If I'm reading the forum on a trip, and my battery gets low, I can switch it out with a spare. Let's see an I-phone do that.

That's unfortunate that your phone eats batteries that bad... you should try an iphone since mine goes all day without needing to charge. :)

Chilly
09-03-2010, 17:00
My iPhone does all of that with the SCUBAtoys forum. Are her settings screwed up?

I didn't know there were settings. There are some web sites that flip side-ways, and some that don't. Is that due to a setting?

Chilly
09-03-2010, 17:01
What is the OS version on your wife's phone? The earlier versions of Mobile Safari didn't rotate like other apps.

She's got an iPhone3 - does that indicate the OS?

BSea
09-03-2010, 19:15
That's unfortunate that your phone eats batteries that bad... you should try an iphone since mine goes all day without needing to charge. :)Actually, I don't have a spare battery, but it's nice to know that if I needed one I could. And my wife, daughter, and son all have iphones, and I think my galaxy S phone would outlast them all. I can easily go 2 days before recharging. Try that with an iphone.:nana:

To be fair, the iphone does have some really nice features that mine doesn't (like the ability to select the voice mail you want to hear). As I said earlier, I'm not a hater, just not a fan.

below sea level
09-03-2010, 22:01
She's got an iPhone3 - does that indicate the OS?

Maybe, but maybe not. There have been OS upgrades since that model was released. The easier way to tell is to plug it into iTunes. It will tell you the current version and give you the option of checking for updates.

Straegen
09-03-2010, 22:58
That's unfortunate that your phone eats batteries that bad... you should try an iphone since mine goes all day without needing to charge. :)

Hmm I replaced my stock droid battery with an aftermarket and mine goes 2-3 days before needing a charge. I can almost squeeze 4 out of it when I shut unnecessary apps off. My low battery life probably has something to do with the keyboard. :) Course I don't have to worry about holding mine in some special way to avoid dropped calls or worry about making calls in a brick house either. :)