PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic Data Mask

Zyxistal
09-11-2007, 10:05
Ok, my LDS just got these in and I've tried one on. I think they're really cool and all but seem very heavy compared to other masks I've tried. Has anyone tried one in the water yet to see just how much of a difference they make?

TommyB
09-11-2007, 10:49
Ok, my LDS just got these in and I've tried one on. I think they're really cool and all but seem very heavy compared to other masks I've tried. Has anyone tried one in the water yet to see just how much of a difference they make?

mine just got here Saturday night so I have not had time to make a real dive with it yet.

Only some pool work / snorkle time on it.

I may head over to Boyton beach on the 13th and do a Boat dive if i can get nitrowill to blow off
his classes that day:smiley2:
Or may try to hook up with TJ from Dayo scuba depending on what he's got going on.

Soon as I get a chance to dive with this mask will post a review on it from a noob's view.

Tommy ///

rfreddo
09-11-2007, 14:38
My instructor demo'd one during my OW class. His only negative comments were loss of downward visibility and the last line of data being slightly out of his field of view.

sudnit5
09-14-2007, 18:54
This mask looks really neat, I would like to hear some more about it once people use it.

ScubaToys Larry
09-14-2007, 19:26
There is an on going thread on it over here if you haven't seen it.

http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=2786

scubasavvy
09-16-2007, 17:48
Way too expensive to even be practical at this point unless you dive for a living.

ScubaToys Larry
09-16-2007, 18:10
Way too expensive to even be practical at this point unless you dive for a living.

Really in the scheme of things... Suunto has an $1800 computer... just because it has a digital compass in it?! I'd much rather spend less and have the data in my mask without the compass. But probably true - expensive toys are for folks with a lot of spare spending cash - probably not people who dive for a living, but people who do surgery for a living, or for folks who have a spare $10 scubatoys gift certificate kicking around! :smiley36:

scubasavvy
09-16-2007, 18:12

Really in the scheme of things... Suunto has an $1800 computer... just because it has a digital compass in it?! I'd much rather spend less and have the data in my mask without the compass. But probably true - expensive toys are for folks with a lot of spare spending cash - probably not people who dive for a living, but people who do surgery for a living, or for folks who have a spare $10 scubatoys gift certificate kicking around! :smiley36:

That's true. That $10 does make me feel a little bit better about spending some cash with you guys, lol :smiley2:.

chinacat46
09-16-2007, 19:10
I guess that is one mask you would hate to lose.