PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the Rip Tide Zone BC...

jwdizney
09-11-2007, 12:02
okay, I thought I had my search narrowed down, then I discovered the Rip Tide Zone... anyone have any reviews/experience with this one? i'm comparing the ATMOS LX, Zeagle Brigade, and now the Rip Tide Zone...

the Zone looks to be a fairly nice rig, with lots of flotation and ditchable weight system.....

any thoughts?

creggur
09-11-2007, 12:08
I seriously considered the Zone when I was looking at BC's. It looks like a solid rig, and honestly I couldn't find anywhere that anybody said anything bad about them...

I ended up going with the Brigade because of their reputation for quality, ScottZeagle's presence here and at SB if a problem did arise, and the fact that the bladder on the Zone was just overkill for the type of diving that I'll be doing. Not to mention that Joe made me a deal on my wifes and my packages that I just couldn't refuse...

Enjoy the gear search, buying new toys is part of the fun!!!

NitroWill
09-11-2007, 12:13
Hey JW,

Take a look at this thread, theres a lot of good information in here about it:

http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=1431

jwdizney
09-11-2007, 15:06
Thanks Nitro! i should have looked there first anyway!...

danielh03
09-12-2007, 05:12
I trained in the Zone II, ended up buying zone one because it was so similar. I love it. It fits well, simple, and not overkill. The one has 44 lbs of lift, plenty for sport diving. And lots of rings to boot.

dannybot
09-14-2007, 22:49
My wife has one and loves it, she doesn't complain about the wet weight, it does dry easily though. It gets pretty small for travel, and is extremely adjustable.

jwdizney
09-14-2007, 23:13
My wife has one and loves it, she doesn't complain about the wet weight, it does dry easily though. It gets pretty small for travel, and is extremely adjustable.

Thanks!... sounds like a good value BC.... man, there's just too many options!