PDA

View Full Version : Lesson reinforced

crosseyed95
09-22-2010, 20:57
Hey LakeMichijim,

If you're still out here, I figured I throw you a lesson reinforced so you could get a laugh. Not sure if you remember my boat but you saw it on the Jenni Bell when you tied up behind us (18' trophy walkaround with cabin).

Anyways, a marine antenna doesn't hold up to well when you back into the garage with it still up.

Cost of backing into garage with antenna up: $63.00
Fuel to boat shop to buy replacement: $12.00
Shame of lesson reinforced: Priceless for wife

crosseyed95

Davetowz
09-23-2010, 14:50
Now that is funny! Sounds like something I would do!

Lake Michijim
09-23-2010, 16:30
Yeah, I remember your boat. Nice unit. My wife would never let me forget that. Ha. The only marine antenna I lost was because I forgot to put it up! It caught on the boat guide on the trailer during a launch and snapped the bugger right off. Lesson learned from both incidents, always mind your pole if you want to keep it! LOL

Jim

navyhmc
09-23-2010, 19:06
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the new antennae will work as well and no real damage to the boat. And don't worry about the wife hasseling you too long, she'll forget soon enough...after you do something else for her to remember.

crosseyed95
09-23-2010, 20:00
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the new antennae will work as well and no real damage to the boat. And don't worry about the wife hasseling you too long, she'll forget soon enough...after you do something else for her to remember.

New antenna works just fine and I had no boat damage at all. The boat actually looks better now since the old antenna had a little discoloration on it that I couldn't get out.

As for the wife, she has a very long memory. Maybe I should post this in the men's sections since here is how my last couple nights have been:

Me: Where's the phone?
Wife: Probably in the garage with your busted A$$ antenna.

Me: Did you iron my shirt?
Wife: I'll do that after I fix your busted A$$ antenna.

Get the picture? Thinking about shoving a nail thru one of her car tires as a distraction but since she is also my dive buddy I'll just have to take it.

crosseyed95

crosseyed95

navyhmc
09-24-2010, 07:34
We're here for you crosseyed...