PDA

View Full Version : Confused WV quarterback thinks the Right Guard is his Center.

alpha
09-25-2010, 23:14
4th quarter with less than 7:00 minutes left in the game, The West Virginia quarter back has a 3rd down & less than 2 yards to go for a 1st down. They call a time out. They discuss the perfect play with the coaches. The quarterback now brings his offensive group to run the perfect pay. He calls out the snap count and probably change of play directions "from his view of the defense",but his tailback taps him on his butt and points to the center as the quarterback is trying to get the right guard to center the ball to him....

The quarterback now moves from over the right guards rear to the centers rear and barks out the call. He takes the snap and is tackled for a yard loss by LSU's defense without even handing off the ball.....

The announcer of the pod cast on espn ran the replay showing the tailback tapping the quarterback and pointing toward the Center so the quarterback would know where to go, Just hoping someone else watched the comedy & confusion of that play....I would like to say that perhaps it was a very brilliant deceptive strategy; but for the results of a yard loss on the play.

1st time I've ever seen that, even for High School or Pee Wee football...

scubastud
09-25-2010, 23:31
I think I remenber seeing that before... oh I remember , it was in "The Longest Yard"... :smiley36:

navyhmc
09-26-2010, 02:10
I've seen that in a pro game once...think it was KC in '78.

chinacat46
09-26-2010, 08:59
I seem to remember seeing this a few times over the years. Probably will see it again too.

fab50diver
09-26-2010, 09:51
Still hard-pressed to have a quarterback worse than Jordan Jefferson!

alpha
09-26-2010, 11:40
LSU - offense was inept most of the game.
LSU - defense was above par.

The big shocker to me was Arkansas pulling their starting quarterback after 2 turnovers to Alabama.(Mallett had 357 yards on 25 for 38 passing)
I really think Arkansas would have won had they just told Mallet to stay in the game and if he needs to run the ball: 1. Don't or 2. Make sure you slide feet first not head first and do so before the defense makes contact.

I think Mallet would have driven Arkansas for at least one score vs. the second string quarterback throwing 2 interceptions as Arkansas lost to Alabama.