1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
2 6 salmon fillets, de-boned & cubed 1
1 qt. milk
1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 12 oz. pkg. Cream cheese
. 2 Bay leaves
1. Saute bacon, then add butter, onion, broth, celery, and garlic powder & cook until onions, carrots, and celery are tender. Stir in potatoes, old bay seasoning, parsley, salt, pepper, and dill.
2. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat. Cover, and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Stir in salmon, milk, creamed corn, flour, cornstarch, and cream cheese. Cook on medium, stirring frequently until heated through.

This is the best soup I've ever had, just in time for the cold months ahead. I'm an avid salmon fisherman on Lake Michigan, so I have a freezer full of it, but you could use almost any fish in it if you wanted.

scubagirlj
10-06-2010, 21:48
you had me at butter, bacon & old bay........sounds divine!

CajnRedneck
10-06-2010, 21:56
never been a good cook, but it sounds awesome, will have to give it a try.

navyhmc
10-06-2010, 23:21
Does sound good. Is the salmon cooked prior?

greylion
10-08-2010, 08:46
Does sound good. Is the salmon cooked prior?

No, just cube it and throw it in.

greylion
10-08-2010, 08:47
never been a good cook, but it sounds awesome, will have to give it a try.

It's real easy, if I can do it anyone can. Just make sure you stir it a lot so the flour dissolves fully and doesn't clump up.

navyhmc
10-08-2010, 10:08
It's real easy, if I can do it anyone can. Just make sure you stir it a lot so the flour dissolves fully and doesn't clump up.

Or... take the cornstarch and flour and milk, but them in an airtight container and shake them up to create a slurry then add that to the mix.

Rileybri
10-08-2010, 10:21
Or... take the cornstarch and flour and milk, but them in an airtight container and shake them up to create a slurry then add that to the mix.

Just remember any time you use corn starch and or flower as a thickener you need to bring what ever you are cooking to a full boil for it to really work. It does not have to stay at a full boil just need to reach those temps for a bit for the starched to really break down.

cmburch
10-08-2010, 13:16
I mix the flour or corn starch in a small container with a little water.

Then just pour slurry or use a rubber/silicon spatula to wipe container clean.

tammyj83
06-08-2011, 22:17
looks heavenly, will try it!