PDA

View Full Version : Demon mask

kevinj1
09-11-2007, 21:45
Has anyone tried this mask?

http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=MaresDemonMask

|Scuba_Doo|
09-12-2007, 08:23
Yes I'm using one. I'm really new to the game and its my first mask so I can only tell you that it fits me okay and its pretty easy to clear if I get water in the mask. I've got the one with a silver frame and black silicon sides. The silver paint seems to chip easy because I don't recall dropping or knocking my mask and there's some chips on the silver parts already. If you're not too fussy about looks (like me) then it should be alright.

mulefeathers
09-12-2007, 09:11
I have one and I really like it. Of the ones I have used ( x vision, Demon, and a Scubapro ) I like the Demon the best. The silver paint does have an issue of scratching off easily. I asked Mares about this and it is not a warranty issue because it does not effect the use of the mask. It is something they said they were trying to fix. I bought mine when they first came out like the first one my LDS sold was to me. This problem may be corrected by now.

meesier42
09-12-2007, 19:42
how does it fit compared to the X-vision. I really like the large fit of the X-vision and wouldn't mind trying something else that fits similar to it

mulefeathers
09-13-2007, 12:29
I found the fit to be very much the same. I have no problem going from one to the other. That being said if you can try it without buying it would be a good idea. My Brother in law dives with an X-Vision and it fits with a good seal. He tried to use the Demon mask and it was like turning a hose on in his mask. It just would not seal on his face but the X-vision work great.

kevinj1
09-18-2007, 22:09
I found the fit to be very much the same. I have no problem going from one to the other. That being said if you can try it without buying it would be a good idea. My Brother in law dives with an X-Vision and it fits with a good seal. He tried to use the Demon mask and it was like turning a hose on in his mask. It just would not seal on his face but the X-vision work great.

Its amazing how two Mare's mask can fit completely different on the same person. I am looking forward to trying this mask out.