PDA

View Full Version : how do you store your gear?

chewyjr15
09-11-2007, 21:55
I have converted my brothers bathroom(still live at home bro is married) into my storage room. I got a shower rod put it in the shower now hang all my gear from it. Keep tanks in the back of the shower and regs in reg bags.

Now how about you?

quarrydiver
09-11-2007, 22:12
Good idea, I transport in a couple heavy rubbermaid buckets that double as rinse buckets. dry in the garage.

FishFood
09-11-2007, 22:15
Heh, my stuff is usally left out on the front porch after being washed.

or

If not diving for a while. Laid out in the dining room. :)

Capt Hook
09-11-2007, 22:17
We turned a closet into gear storage, can now hang everything that should be hung.

quarrydiver
09-11-2007, 22:36
I did the same thing with my closet! Have to hang my clothes in the wife's. I let all my gear dry in the garage on a couple of rolling racks from target.

TravisD
09-12-2007, 16:18
For this summer, I put up a heavy clothes rod attached to the built-in garage shelving. All neoprene gets hung on there (boots/gloves/hoods on the special hangers). BC's also get hung over it, with the dump hoses at the lowest point to facilitate draining any water out. Weights and tanks usually stay in the truck.

Harshal
09-12-2007, 16:41
Once hung dry, my things are packed up and stay in Pelican all ready for next dive.

Bigg_Budd
09-12-2007, 16:51
Locked closet, out of reach of the little dudes...

Black-Gorrilla
09-12-2007, 17:02
my stuff is all in a paintball gear bag (nxe, from when i was sponsored... so FREE) with the exception of my Trans-plate, and regs... the transplate is just on the floor of the guest room, as well as tanks and that gear bag.

Liv7301
09-12-2007, 19:35
Anything wet hangs in the tub until dry. Everything goes into the spare bedroom and spare bedroom closet. Wetsuits and bcs hang up, regs go into reg bags and accessories get chucked on the bed or into the mesh boat bag. Very organized. :smiley2:

CrzyJay456
09-12-2007, 19:40
all my stuff is on the floor of the office at my BF's house... all rinsed and dried out side, and just kind of thrown on the floor along the wall.

Phestr
09-13-2007, 07:15
My stuff goes from me, to the Rubbermaid tub, to the bathtub, to the Rubbermaid tub, to the rack on my back porch, to the Rubbermaid tub, and the tub goes in the closet. Except my BC, which hangs in the closet. Did I mention I have a rubbermaid tub?

CompuDude
09-13-2007, 13:08
Anything wet hangs in the tub in the spare bedroom/office bathroom until dry (after cleaning, pretty much everything is wet!). Then everything gets packed back up ready to go out again. Tanks generally spread out between the living room, the office, the back of my car and the shop getting filled. I try not to have them all in one place at one time, else the wife will notice how many of the darn things I have!

rubberduck
09-13-2007, 13:43
Everything is stored in a cbinet in the garage. When I'm ready to go everthing is in one spot.

divingmedic
09-13-2007, 14:18
In my dive bag, under the kitchen table.

CompuDude
09-13-2007, 15:27
I have major garage envy, that's all I can say. LOL

Vercingetorix
09-13-2007, 15:56
Stored in the guest bedroom, much to my wife's chagrin. She keeps theatening to throw the gear in the garage. I usually reply with "but darling, if it's damaged out there, the damage may not be discovered until I'm 60 feet underwater. Then, I'll die. You won't have a funeral, because they'll not find the body." She then gives me The Look and walks away.

One day, I won't dodge the bullet...

Hey CompuDude, I just noted your Barracuda-ness. Well done, sir.

ScubaJenn81
09-13-2007, 16:21
I use a spare bedroom/home office closet as a scuba room as well.

CompuDude
09-13-2007, 17:09
Stored in the guest bedroom, much to my wife's chagrin. She keeps theatening to throw the gear in the garage. I usually reply with "but darling, if it's damaged out there, the damage may not be discovered until I'm 60 feet underwater. Then, I'll die. You won't have a funeral, because they'll not find the body." She then gives me The Look and walks away.

One day, I won't dodge the bullet...

Hey CompuDude, I just noted your Barracuda-ness. Well done, sir.

"the look" *shudder*

Yeah.

And thanks... I didn't even notice until you pointed it out! I feel strangely powerful all of a sudden... and oddly attracted to shiny objects!

ChrisA
09-14-2007, 01:17
I keep my stuff in a big trash can filled with water or on a hanger dying or in a large pelican case.

When I get home, everything goes in the rinse tank and then I don't worry about it for a day or so. It takes about 24 hours to dry completely and then I pack it up to go diving again.

I have some stuff that sees limited use, like my thin 3mm wetsuit, old fins, extra weights and so on. It's in wheeled rubbermaid storage boxes.