PDA

View Full Version : Parmesan Salmon

BSea
10-15-2010, 08:51
I did this for the 1st time last week, and it was really good.

Salmon fillets.
Mayonnaise 1/4 cup (I used fat free. It doesn't really matter, you don't taste it)
Grated Parmesan Cheese I used about 1/8 of a cup.
Minced garlic about a table spoon (+ or - to your taste)
chopped onions ( I skipped these since my wife doesn't like onions.)
crushed red pepper (cayenne) - use to your liking
Old Bay seasoning - Just a dash
Juice from 1/4 a Lemon or Lime
Olive oil

Mix all the ingredients together except for the olive oil. You may have to adjust the amounts depending on how much salmon you are cooking. But I'm really bad at the precise measuring thing. I just add stuff till it taste good. :smiley5: Anyway, you need enough to spread over the salmon like you would spread peanut butter for a sandwich.

1st, lightly oil the fish. If it has the skin on, then this is a must as it will definitely stick if you don't. The place the salmon skin side down on an outdoor grill for fish & vegetables.

Something like this
http://s3.amazonaws.com/sc-image/e/9/5/3/e9533b351e9de38e8096cb6eddda7502.jpg

Spread your parmesan paste on top and put on the grill. DO NOT TURN THE FISH WHILE COOKING! This is probably obvious, but I wanted to make sure.

I cooked mine on my Grill Dome (aka Big Green Egg clone) at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until the fish is 170 degrees. I used some alder chips for a little smoke flavor. As mentioned earlier, don't turn the fish. I also did some asparagus on the grill. (I really should have taken a picture).

You can also use other fish. I've heard Grouper works well too. It can be done in the oven, but my wife doesn't allow fish to be cooked inside. Besides, it taste better cooked outside.