PDA

View Full Version : This creed of greed makes politicians a queer breed

alpha
10-17-2010, 01:35
The Standard | Online Edition :: This creed of greed makes politicians a queer breed (http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/InsidePage.php?id=2000003966&cid=480&)

Just thinking of Nixon and the "I'm Not A Crook" address to the nation... YouTube - Richard Nixon - "I'm not a crook" [HIGHER QUALITY - FULL VERSION] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh163n1lJ4M)

I believe these factors (greed & lying) play a huge part in the acceptance of Americans that both are acceptable for politicians and unfortunately for our business leaders; thus helping to precipitate our present economic state in America.(yes I know the 1st reference is not from America).

Lying would be the easier of the two vises to dramatically reduce by barring members from participating in politics in the U.S. if proven etc. etc. of course with laws allowing this procedure to proceed. (And removing the need to prove harm and damages first to individuals as the act of lying would be the harm to the people by the politician if proven true.)

Similar corporate penalties should be sought to bar executives from employment for dishonesty without the need for harm and damages to first have occurred.

scubadiver888
10-17-2010, 09:11
Unfortunately, the people who would enact the law to bar members from participating in politics if proven to be a liar would be the very members the law applies to. I highly doubt that is going to happen.

scubastud
10-17-2010, 15:48
I like apples.

inventor
10-17-2010, 16:05
Then you should like most politicians, as they all talk horse apples!:smiley36:

PlatypusMan
10-17-2010, 17:33
“Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures, the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge, has marked the upward surge of mankind and greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the U.S.A."

PPM

Rileybri
10-17-2010, 17:35
I like apples.

Hay thats my line!

TJDiver
10-18-2010, 07:41
Unfortunately, the people who would enact the law to bar members from participating in politics if proven to be a liar would be the very members the law applies to. I highly doubt that is going to happen.

Yeah...hen house...fox...ya'll know the rest.

scubastud
10-18-2010, 07:59
Hay thats my line!

oops sorry... how about this.

I like the pomegranite/mango hand soap the wife bought for our bathroom. I swear it smells so yummy I wanted to put a little rum in the bottle and drink it.