PDA

View Full Version : Now thats a fun dive

bigman241
10-17-2010, 15:51
We went to a local pit to go diving. Wanted to check our gear and the water temps before mermet next week BOY WAS IT COLD. I am guessing 45ish from surface down to 30 feet. It was colder on the surface the mermet was in july at 40ish feet.

On the way in dad a guy who works for us and dives went down the west side of the lake and I swam on the surface. I had 1300psi left and did not want to go back down to 35 feet and make the 400 yard run down to the ramp. We they surfaced dad told me he saw a cash register down there and it looked newer. So we went down and I walked it up the bottom and set it up in some shallow water.

Dad called the DNR since a local bait shop had been robbed a few months ago.

When we left I stopped by the shop and told the owner and he got a good laugh out of it.

Not treasure or a cannon but for a fishing hole in indiana a good find. I guess the conservation officer was going to go pick it up just in case they catch the guys one day.

SO what have you guys found that was just odd to be under water?

TJDiver
10-18-2010, 07:46
I found a late model Ford Mustang in a quarry known for "insuracne jobs" one time.

Another diver found a heap of newspaper machines in the same quarry. It seems a couple guys drove a pick-up around Columbia, SC collecting all the newspaper machines, took them to some location where they could then remove all the coin, and then dumped them in the quarry.

navyhmc
10-18-2010, 08:14
I found an old BMW motorcycle-stolen and dumped.

ScubaToys Larry
10-18-2010, 08:37
I found my ex wife.... er... uh... where's the delete key??

bennerman
10-18-2010, 15:32
A table that would have looked GREAT in my dining room... in the middle of lake erie XD

bigman241
10-20-2010, 08:36
wow guys now that is some weird stuff, no larry was this before the marrige or after the divorce:smiley36:

I am still hoping someone steals the gold from fort knox and dumb the old in my pit. :smiley31: